This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers D15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afg0761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers D15
    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 8:00pm
I have a 1960 D15. There is an arm on a pivot located on top of the transmission directly behind the starter. It is currently not hooked to anything but has a hole in the end of the arm away from the pivot. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 8:05pm
Lever to engage the belt pulley. Welcome to the Forum!
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 9:32pm
Welcome to forum. Like Hubert said its to engage the belt pulley. Your tractor might not have pulley on side of tractor
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 5:16am
Exactly what Hubert and Mike said . I had the same question about my 1961 D 15 . Lots of good info and people here .
KYrod View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:04am
Thanks afg, I fight that thing every time I remove the starter and always wonder what genius engineer put it there in my way....I would like to get rid of it but wonder if it helps to support the starter?

Anyone know if it can be easily removed?
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:44pm
Don't about removing it , but mine will move some . Maybe you can move it out of the way ? HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic