This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That time of year. Breaking bread.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That time of year. Breaking bread.
    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:43pm
Going to be cold before long I started on next years work a few days ago.

Planting a wheat variety called Bob Dole this fall. I heard it gets a big head with nothing in it.

"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:53pm

There is probably a Donald Trump Variety with an even bigger MT head.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 7:08pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 9:59am
WinkWink I sure hope your crop turn out better than Bob's presidential run.LOL

I realize it was honoring a native son.Wink But maybe LBJ would be more productive. Just heard his nickname was "Landslide" after he broke away from the computation in a Senate race a whole truck load of ballets where delivered at the last minute,Wink with EVER vote for LBJ.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL  That is the kind of crops we farmers need now days survive.LOL

Wink I realize Confused Texas is not KANSAS but they do grow a bit of wheat.

Also hopefully this Bob Dole wheat is a public variety and your not having to pay patent fees for something tax dollars already have been spent on.

Thank you for pictures, always enjoy looking at other areas and ways of farming.

Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:58am
Old Bob is of the public variety. It was a K-state bred picked up by agripro I believe. Speaking of Texas the TAM wheat varieties have been some of the most popular in this area for years. Started with 107 then 111 was just as popular and still a lot planted. Kstate didn’t keep up with Tex A&M for some time until maybe last 10 years their breeds have become more popular.

All the varieties today are just better then the past. I got the wheat from a friend that has sold certified for years and we were talking how 30 years ago 40-50 bu wheat in this area was good now we’re not happy unless it 60-80. About 5 years ago I actually took time to stop at a local test plot and they had Turkey Red planted in it. Wow did it have problems. I didn’t see the yield data but I doubt they even cut the Turkey Red because there was nothing hardly there.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic