This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15 Ser. 1 Water pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D15 Ser. 1 Water pump
    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 1:57pm
I'm replacing the water pump.  Looks like the new one will come with the pulley assembly?  I see that some AC models have a fixed pulley but it appears that the pulley on the D15 is not "fixed".....can it be removed?
Sponsored Links

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 2:05pm
Water pump I got for my D 15 had the pulley on it . HTH
KYrod View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 2:44pm
This water pump has two normal bolts.  The third fastener had a nut on it and when I removed it, this stud was left.  It appears to be screwed into the engine block.  Not sure why someone did this....I'm guessing it's supposed to be a bolt like the other two?????
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 2:56pm
Looking back at my pics it looks the same . Guess it came that way . HTH
KYrod View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 3:23pm
So that stud does NOT screw into the engine block?  

If it does, how do you get it out.

I've got the other two bolts out and the pump still feels like it's attached....I'm prying on it with a big screw driver to break it loose.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 3:41pm
Just checked my old pump . It has 3 bolts/nuts holding it to the block . If they're loose it should come off . 
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 4:41pm
The stud would aid assembly. Probably rust between the stud and pump housing. Soak it with penetrate and try twisting the pump back and forth to get the rust to break loose. 
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 7:19pm
The waterpumps for the series I tractor should not have the cast narrow groove pulley on them. That is used on the series II tractors and the series III D10/12 tractors. The D15 SeriesI will used the same waterpump as the B,C,CA,RC,early D10/12 and D14 tractors. All of these tractors use the wide fan/generator/waterpump adjustable pulley.  If you don't want to bother sending it back , use a puller to remove the cast pulley and replace it with the hub from your old pump. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:50pm
I pulled the pulley off my old Series 1 D 15 water pump . When my new water pump came it had a pulley on it . Looked the same to me and that's what I'm running . HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic