This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

36 m crawler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 36 m crawler
    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 9:05pm
Have a 36 m crawler think I have a valve issue it runs little rough have replaced plugs plug wires and had carb rebuilt but I'm afraid to pull head off . i can't seem to find a head gasket listed for a model m crawler.
Sponsored Links

T Hunter View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 10:40pm
I have a M as well, it too ran rough after a mag rebuild and carb rebuild.
Got to asking around and found the "tube" for the intake/exhaust manifold from Mr Fouts and by golly it was running smooth as silk again.
Its a preheat chamber in the middle of your manifold. Its to heat up and run low grade fuel or kerosene i belive.....
Just a suggestion.
Dave (Mid-MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (Mid-MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 7:50pm
Didn't the M use the same engine as the UC tractor?
ky crawler View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 9:10pm
Yes I was told the u uc and m had the same engine
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm
Thanks I will look in to that. Did yours suck the exhaust pipe flapper down hard occasionally ?
T Hunter View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 9:56pm
My M did not suck the flap down....was very hard to start then ran rough like a miss and surged alot at low speed or no load
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 6:21pm
Mine starts fairly easy and it will run smooth then it will start sucking the flap down then it will run smooth again . I have another problem now I took the top of transmission off to replace a broken steering lever spring and now I don't have any left steering I must have knocked the steering clutch fork out of place when putting the transmission top back on.
Pete from IL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete from IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 7:57pm
Are you wanting to sell your crawler or just asking questions?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 10:18pm
No it is not for sale . I am just trying to acquire information on parts and learning how to work on it . Everything on it is pretty well wore out so I have a long way to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic