This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any of ya'll want some of this,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any of ya'll want some of this,,,,,,
    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:36am

DANG we done got us  a HEAT WAVE and lookin like it gonna last til the end of next week,,,,!!  It is currently 83° at 1:30 in the morning and susspossed to hit 108° this afternoon and stay above 105° till next week,,,, I had rigged up a big swamp cooler on wheels for my lean-to shop but I expect it ain't gonna be much help these next 7-8 days,,,,whooooeeeeeee
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:03am
you can have my share of it too ! supposed to 'break' maybe FRYday..... clsoe to 100*F today and over100% huimdiddity too...
electric bill ain't goning to be nice this month....
had a 20 minute rainstorm yesteday... we need a long,steady overnight soaker though.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:39am

Whoooo,,,Chit,,they just issued a "Red Flag Heat Warning" till 8Pm for the whole Pecos Valley with a high of 110°,,, My Meds tell me I gots to NOT be in direct sunlight,,,so .lookin like some computor time today,,,OH wait,,, I'm susspossed to take the car to the Chevrolet dealer this morning to get the other CD player "programmed" to work in my car,,,,

BOY ,,I gots one for anybody thinkin on buy a car stereo from walmart OR a wrecking yard. You see,,the CD player had quit in my 2006 HHR and I had bought an identical complete HHR that was wrecked with only 56,550 miles that a had a good engine/trans and an even better CD player,,so,,I'm thinkin I'll just swap out the radios ,,no problem, ,so we decided to drive to C-bad to go eat some Chink food,,,we get there no problemo, eat and come out and the friggin key will not unlock,,,!!!!!! There is some people come out with a cute young lady that asks if we got problems and i tell her the key won't work. She asks if she can try and  just leans into the car,,,,across my lap,,,and reaches around me and jiggling the key,,then turns it off,,and quickly turns on and off like 7-8 times and after a few different "code sequences" she gets the key to turn and starts the car,,!! but it is runnin very rough and she asks if I have had some electrical work done on the car and I told her I had replaced the CD player yesterday and she tells me the car has a "chip" that does NOT recognize the CD player and thinks either  the car or the CD player has been STOLEN and it will continue to shut down the ECM,,!!!  WTF,,so after untangling her from my lap,,(all the time the wife is Glaring at her) I offer to give her $20 but she says it OK. I kiss her on da cheek and we haul azz back home fore it stops again. Sure enough we get home, I stop it and then It WILL NOT start again. I remove the friggin CD player and try it and it starts right up,,,,,,WHO KNEW,,?? I check out youtube and sure enough there are a few videos that tell you how to Beat GM's Anti-Theft system but I'm here to tell all youse guys,,none of them work EXCEPT goin to the dealer.
 AND,,buying a new CD player from a Walmart wont work either,,!! You STILL have to take your car to the dealer for them to program the store bought stereo to the friggin car. NOW,,here is the pisser,,, since Feb of 2020, WALMART WILL ONLY WARRANTEE "ANY" STEREO FOR 30 DAYS,,,No Ifs, Ands or Butts,!! After 30 days you are on your own, NO returns for chit. This has been a giganic CF and even after talking to 3 different managers/supervisors at Corporate walmart yesterday they will not return my money even tho the box ain't ever been opened,!!  30 Days,,!! Plumb Friggin BS if you ask me and I hope you do,,,,,,
I'm NOT dome with walmart just yet,,,,I'm just reloading,,,,,
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 8:41am
Don`t get me going on WalMart,  New procedure on credit card and cash check outs.  Is there any thing called common sense any more?
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 8:54am
Well at least you can play that sweet thing experience over an over in your mind. Maybe could even edit out the Glaring wife and add a few more scenes. Wink Pretty soon if a courtesy light goes out the car won't start and you have to take it in to have it rezapped after replacing it. Conspiracy I tell ya Conspiracy.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:06am
Dang Jay, do you live submersed in something wetter than water? How exactly does one get over 100% RH???
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 12:40pm

Well TBone,,this right here is somewhat of a savin grace as we gots hi heats,,but dry heat as the RH is only runnin in the 40% ,,,you still sweat a bunch but this heat would be double murder if we had the 90% humidity my Son in Dallas is tellin me they are havin,,,,,sheeesh,,,,!!!
 Boy,,I wisht I had something that really has to get done up at the huntin place right at 8,650 feet,,,,,,,Clap
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well TBone,,this right here is somewhat of a savin grace as we gots hi heats,,but dry heat as the RH is only runnin in the 40% ,,,you still sweat a bunch but this heat would be double murder if we had the 90% humidity my Son in Dallas is tellin me they are havin,,,,,sheeesh,,,,!!!
 Boy,,I wisht I had something that really has to get done up at the huntin place right at 8,650 feet,,,,,,,Clap

2015, we visited and stayed in Angels Camp, CA. It was 96-98 degrees every day. People found out we were from MI, and said you must not be able to handle this heat. I said shoot, with this low humidity, nothing to it, your 98 feels better than my 86 when it's nasty humid. They thought I was BS'ing, but I'm telling you, it wasn't THAT bad. Even played tennis with the kids right under the sweltering sun. And, we were at the foot of the Stanislaus National Forrest, the Big Trees, and you'd go up to elevation and that shade and the temp would drop 20 degrees or more easily.

*still don't know how you exceed 100% though! "

Edited by Tbone95 - 09 Jul 2020 at 1:32pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

2015, we visited and stayed in Angels Camp, CA. It was 96-98 degrees every day. People found out we were from MI, and said you must not be able to handle this heat. I said shoot, with this low humidity, nothing to it, your 98 feels better than my 86 when it's nasty humid. They thought I was BS'ing, but I'm telling you, it wasn't THAT bad. Even played tennis with the kids right under the sweltering sun. And, we were at the foot of the Stanislaus National Forrest, the Big Trees, and you'd go up to elevation and that shade and the temp would drop 20 degrees or more easily.

*still don't know how you exceed 100% though! "

UMMmmm,,I'm stayin out of that one,,,,,,,LOL
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 1:54pm
take that radio from Wal Mart and put it in the garage.. Get a 12 v transformer for a doorbell and connect it up... PRESTO !!!  Music to work by... If you got an old radio already, junk it and UPGRADE !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:16pm
Joe we have been have 90s to 100 everyday this week here in Ohio it's supposed to break this weekend and drop into the 80s but next week it's showing right back up to the 90s
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

take that radio from Wal Mart and put it in the garage.. Get a 12 v transformer for a doorbell and connect it up... PRESTO !!!  Music to work by... If you got an old radio already, junk it and UPGRADE !

Well Chit,,Steve,,,you just gave a me a perfect idea,,,I'ma gonna save it for ole Red , I am,,!!! it is a NICE Am/Fm CD player,  Receiver with Bluetooth. has a USB slot, 200 watts power, IPlug smart remote and ,,,and,,,chit thas a great idea, Stevo,,,,,,!!!!ClapClap
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:54pm
HECK with Blueteeth  and Plug SMart  its GOT TO BE GOOD !!! .... dont think i would know how to work a radio that was smarter than me !! 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:20pm
could mount it on the chevy/allis...it wouldn't mind!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:58am
I didn’t say yes to wanting some but Abby the weather girl just told me we have triple digits coming next week with high humidity. No bueno for a fat boy.
About that Bluetooth stereo. That’s gonna be so nice to be listening to some outlaw country when I slide behind the wheel of ole Red and slam my right Arriat to the floor. Joe I’m feeling so happy for you right now.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:08am

THAD,,,,you shore got a way of sayin some things thatn just brings pleasure to the day,,,,,,ClapClapClap
The only'ist thing,,,them size 12 Arriats will prolly oversize the loud pedal on ole Red,,,,,,LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic