This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15 diesel main bearings, HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D15 diesel main bearings, HELP
    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 5:13pm
No one can seem to find me a main bearing set for a d15 diesel engine they need to be .020 over. If anybody has any leads on a set that would be great.
Thanks, Dan

I think the 262 diesel takes the same bearings, just would have two extra.
D19 diesel,D17 diesel SER.3 D14 NF,D14 WF, D15 SER.II wf
D15 SER.2 DIESEL,D15 ser.II nf
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
I'm a pharmacist (farm assist) with a PHD (post hole digger)
Sponsored Links

Larry in NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 5:21pm
Acdiesel View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:41pm
yep,called them they don't stock them and there supplier told them that there no longer available in .020"
only std. and  .010"

Edited by Acdiesel - 06 Jul 2020 at 9:42pm
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:54pm
Wouldn’t they be the same as D17 Diesel? Just fewer of them?
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 8:51am
Correct. I ran into this when I redid my 15D. Ordered a set for a 262 and just had some left over. D17D, D19 gas, and D19D would all take the same main set as the 15D, you will just have some extras. 
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 10:08am
Call me at  717-634-4398       
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Pfouts Family Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pfouts Family Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 7:55am
If you have not found anything, I should have a set.  If you need them, call me 33O 569 7O37.
Acdiesel View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 10:38am
Lord willing believe I have found a set if they don't show up I will be giving you a Call.

thanks for your reply.

Dan 
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
Acdiesel View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:06pm
Thanks Mark Pfouts for getting me the main bearings.

Fred the bearings I ordered from my local A&I called Thursday and said the bearing set was in,what they had for me was a big sprocket. They called A&I they said that whomever ordered the sprocket most likely got the bearing set, they told me I could keep the sprocket, because they didn't want it. There was no part numbers on the sprocket so they couldn't trace it back to the original purchaser to see if they had the bearings.
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 7:06am
Makes you wonder how they sold the sprocket to someone if they have no # .
nonetheless ,still dead.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Acdiesel View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 7:38am
Yep, my buddy in parts calls the guy to the front parts counter that opens and sorts the in comming parts and asked where the rest of the parts are for A&I
He said that the only thing there was the sprocket and the pick ticket that was for the bearing set, no sticker or part number stamped on the sprocket any where.
So those bearings will most likely go in the trash, just like that sprocket because. He was throwing in the scrap pile
A&I didnt want it back.
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 12:28pm
Seen this before from suppliers, no one ordered a sprocket ,it was just in the bin where the bearing's where to be ,parts puller just grabbed  the box and that's what you got . Its not their job to know what the part is  they pulling ,they just pull parts numbers that are marked on bins .
nonetheless ,still dead.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic