This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Charley Daniels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charley Daniels
    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:55pm
A true American and talent. You will be missed.
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:57pm
we’re losing the great ones! an a True American to boot😪
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:34pm
End of a Country Legend
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:38pm
saw the news and was just about to post it !!!

Country Music legend Charlie Daniels, best known for his monster 1979 hit “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” died Monday of a hemorrhagic stroke. He was 83.

According to a press release from his representatives, the acclaimed Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry member died at Summit Medical Center in Hermitage, Tenn., where doctors determined his cause of death.

Daniels accumulated a slew of accolades and awards during his long career in music, including his induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Musicians Hall of Fame and becoming a member of the Grand Ole Opry. He also won a Dove Award for gospel albums and a coveted Grammy Award for best country vocal performance by a duo or group.

Edited by steve(ill) - 06 Jul 2020 at 1:39pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 2:36pm
He will be missed, don't hear his style of music anymore. SAD
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:42pm
Truly will be missed, even by those of us that are not country music ‘fans’.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 5:12pm
I always loved Charlie Daniels. I've seen him several times. He used to have the Volunteer Jam in Nashville every year. We used to look forward to it. I don't know when they stopped. He may be gone, but his music will live on.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 5:52pm
RIP, Charlie Daniels!  Heard it on the radidio, on the way up to supper, today!Cry

[TUBE]952h-AJ3Bcg[/TUBE]

And lets not forget, Ennnio Morrecone died, this weekend!  I know I'll never forget this coyote yell:  

[TUBE]h1PfrmCGFnk[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:15pm
yep...best fiddle player of all time!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 4:48am
I got to see Charly perform a few years ago. Put on a real good show! He will be missed!
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:26am
I went to his farm in mt Juliet looking at roping horses with a friend, as we were going thru the gate at the back of his house he came out and talked to us. Wasn't the same without his hat on but a great person no doubt. Singing praises to God without question.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic