This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UC info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UC info
    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:05am
I just got a 1935 UC it hasnt ran in 25 years but it is loose and I know it ran well when it was parked. 
Just curious how many UC owners on here and what there experience with them has been. I like the fact I will have something different to take to shows, pulls.

This is the first one I have seen in person, and it was only 3 miles from me. 

Sponsored Links

Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:09am
I have a 37 U and 37 UC. Both are in good condition. The UC has electric start, that's a big plus. The UC has a goofy shifter, you'll have to get used to that. The hand brakes takes a bit to get used also.
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Sherman Farms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherman Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:07am
Did you get it from Andy Lang?
B, C, RC, 3 wc,2 wd,3 wd45, d15, d17, d19, d21, 190, 440, 7040, 918 backhoe, 12 roto balers, 7 60 combines, 40, 66,2 72,90 super, sp100, Gleaner E, F3, 3 L2, R62, and much more
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:18am
38 uc here. Had it around 30 yrs, pulled it . retired now but will start on the second pull. Not my favorite but it's a keeper
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
JamesP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 2:53pm
No, I dont him.
Bob (IN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob (IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:28pm
I have a 34 model
great-grandpa's wc with picker, 20/35, speed patrol, uc, m crawler, 620, 653 dozer d21 d17 d19
JamesP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:46pm
Can you tell me about your pulling experience? thanks
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:12pm
I pulled the U and the UC...the updated 318 under a load has a sound all it's own. Lug a CA or a WD and it lets you know it's working but the sound of the 318 in the U or UC is fun to sit behind. Put her in 4th gear up an incline, throttle wide open and pull the hand brakes just enough to make it snort... Wish you the best with your UC.
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:36pm
Pulling experience, like riding a mechanical dinasour. How I got my UC? I traded a wd puller I spent a small fortune on even for it. Never looked back or regreted it one bit. Had a ball pulling the UC, mostly weight transfer but did some dead boat too. As Leon said the sound of the um engine is addictive. Good luck and welcome to the ugly allis club!!!
JamesP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:59pm
Thanks for your responses. 
What size tires did you guys run? Did you pull in stock class? 
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:21pm
13.6 x 28's. Mine is stock, the engine I built my own motor out of parts from 2 motors, one with a freeze crack in block.
Leon B Mo
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:34pm
16.9. 28 on original wheels, yes they are to narrow but I ran a little lower air pressure, longer drawbar and weights on front. Always a balancing act
JamesP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:03pm
After sitting outside for 25 years without being ran, I got the UC running today.
Rebuilt carb, filed points, changed water oil mix in engine and trans.
It was loose when I got it but no compression so I worked the valves with a plastic hammer and put oil in the cylinders 2 weeds ago.

Been pulling on crank ever since with no luck, I figured it was going to take a tear down to get it going. For some reason today I decided to give it one more try and she took off, and runs great just like the guy told me it would. I could tell when pulling it today the compression was up, oil must have done its job. After running a couple carb fulls of gas compression is way up.

I bet a Prius wont start 85 years from nowBig smileBig smile

Looks like a restoration is on the way.

Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:13am
Now we need a couple pics. If the sheet metal is good and it runs strong, it won't take much to make it ready to pull or parade. How's the rims and tires?
Leon B Mo
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:24am
One of my brothers has owned a '30 or '31 for a couple decades.... it has the Continental. He has not done anything with it. It's stuck but is in otherwise good shape.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
JamesP View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:22pm
Sheetmetal is good, has a dent in the tank. Paint is pealing off so she's ugly now. Front tires fell apart when we drug her out the holes. rears hold air but worn out and to small.

Hey allisrutledge, how did it pull with the 16.9s? s
Did it have enough power to spin out ?
How did it fair against the competition? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic