This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D Series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haymaker1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D Series
    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 8:27pm
Question about D series.  Was the Traction Booster system standard on all of the D series or was it an option.  Also the D21 was the traction booster an option for the drawbar or was it a different type of system only for the three point hitch?  
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 8:31pm
All D17's I have ever seen had it. Dad bought an early one in the fall of 1959. It was a 1958 tractor. It had it. Not sure if the Wheatland D17's had it.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:02pm
If the tractor had lift arms and a hydraulic system, it would probably have had the Traction Booster system on it. You could get any D-series without lift arms. You could also get what was called a "base tractor" which didn't have a Power Director clutch, PTO or hydraulic system. Kind of the same for the D-21, but it still had to have a small hydraulic pump for the hydrostatic power steering, even if it just had a drawbar on the rear. It also could have had a lift/lower hydraulic system without a 3-point hitch, so there again would be no Traction Booster system. So, it all depended upon how the tractor was ordered to be built.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:21pm
Dr. Correct on the traction booster. I have actually seen one base D-17. No hydraulics of any description Drawbar only and no power director. One odd tractor and was yellow to boot !
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:02am
I've always  thought yellow tractors were ' for industrial use only'. IE not 'farming' tractors.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:58am
The WD had basically the same thing, just without the gauge.
RMD View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:55am
Early D10/12 with 3-point hitches did not have traction booster.
nx08634 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nx08634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 2:55am
the 58 D14 I have has the booster along with snap couplers
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:35am
I have a D-10 series III with 3 point and Traction Booster. I was just looking at my manuals and it states that it was available with or without Traction Booster.

Dusty 

Edited by Dusty MI - 10 Jul 2020 at 7:36am
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic