This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD clutch pedal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huolti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD clutch pedal
    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:21pm
Restoring a WD and trying to get transmission clutch pedal off to put bushings in. The pedal won’t slid off as the tractor frame is in the way. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:28pm
I believe you will need to remove the lock set screw on the brake side of the cross shaft and push/drive the cross shaft back through the tractor towards the brake side. That should allow you to then remove the foot clutch pedal.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Huolti View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huolti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:44pm
Didn’t realize that was possible. I will try that. Thanks
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 8:16am
I always replace the shaft and bush the brake pedal also.
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 8:21am
New cross shaft is available at steiner tractor parts and you will have to rebush the 2 pedals.
Huolti View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huolti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 3:57pm
Thanks every one got it off quite easily and going to replace or repair.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 11:17pm
Glad you got it out where you can look at it. I have repaired the shaft and the pedals both. Putting a bushing in, and getting a new shaft is the right way. Sometimes I don't color inside the lines very well!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
59f100292 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 59f100292 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:15am
I need to rebush my pedals, and hand clutch also if thats an option.  Are they a brass bushing? anyone happen to know what size I should look to buy?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:45am
I think most folks have brass bushings installed. I would check the shaft wear fires and determine if it is ok or does it need repairs too. Get that to a nominal size first. McMaster Carr has many bushing options, They are reasonable in price and quick delivery too. You may need a machine shop to bore the parts for the bushings to be installed. Its was rewarding to have nice tight components like hand clutch, foot clutch and brake pedals too!
 Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic