This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Corona and BTO'S ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corona and BTO'S ??
    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 7:46pm
This morning a local news channel did an interview with 1 of the BTO's in a tri-county area. He was crying the blues about the carona effects on the grain markets right now as the camera crew panned onto their 48 row Green planter and followed the guys 6 year old daughter climb into the cab of their 1 year old 400 HP Green 4x4 tractor to pull said planter Confused. Yes, it's tough going for some, but seems like the ones crying the loudest are the ones that "might" be on an EGO trip that might be coming to an end of the ride ??
I guess my point is, other than peoples health, what else will this carona ordeal inflict on the USA ??

Edited by FREEDGUY - 03 Apr 2020 at 7:48pm
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:29pm
everything. that dude is looking for a handout. he also prolly feeds his kids hotdogs and mac/cheese every night!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 6:29am
What else will it affect ??  If this disease isn't stopped in a certain amount of time, our whole economy could collapse !!  There are MILLIONS of people without jobs right now, hopefully only temporarily.  I am fortunate to still be able to work and bring home the bacon, but many are not and have bills to pay.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:50am
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

What else will it affect ??  If this disease isn't stopped in a certain amount of time, our whole economy could collapse !!  There are MILLIONS of people without jobs right now, hopefully only temporarily.  I am fortunate to still be able to work and bring home the bacon, but many are not and have bills to pay.

That right there is my Main concern and even tho I'm not for all the Trillions that are being allocated towards the economy,,I KNOW that if President dosen't continue doing so,,our economy will crash with devastating consequences for the whole world, not just us. Fortunately,,,we are the one country that can float these kind of dollars and is what will ultimately save us,,God willing.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 11:41am
With over 150 countries all suffering from this - every economy is going to be either pent up demand when it does pass or bankrupt and unable to even meet the needs of their local population . 
 Glad there are programs in place to respond to this in the US and going forward it might be tough on many but the majority will pull through and be prosperous in the tomorrow .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 12:21pm
I wonder about BIG gatherings a year from now... Movie Theatre, Restaurants, Schools... wonder if they will ever be the same, or MANY NEW RULES...

They said the number of FLU cases this year has dropped a BUNCH since people are saying home, wearing masks, etc.... Sometimes 50,000 die EVERY YEAR from just the FLU !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:47pm
Dr. Allis makes a good point. I would like to add that this Pandemic can have a long tail and be back again! Until enough people build immunity or a vaccine is found we could be seeing outbreaks for several years. I do have confidence in this country. Medical personnel are working on procedures to save people who have contracted the virus. One instance was the discovery of a person being treated for Lupus that had been known to be exposed to the virus but did not contract it as they had been using the Anti malarial drug that I can't spell!I see similarities to WW2 with Industries stepping forward to build equipment and people volunteering to deliver food,rides and looking out for neighbors. Also many businesses have masks and protective gear to Hospitals and Nursing Homes. The Media has been nothing but disgraceful in their conduct of this crisis. The British people being bombed by Hitler did not panic and gave Hitler the stiff upper lip and carried on and so will we!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

That right there is my Main concern and even tho I'm not for all the Trillions that are being allocated towards the economy,,I KNOW that if President dosen't continue doing so,,our economy will crash with devastating consequences for the whole world, not just us. Fortunately,,,we are the one country that can float these kind of dollars and is what will ultimately save us,,God willing.

We seem to be the ONLY country that can/will print billions of $$$ and worry about how it gets paid back later Confused. I don't care which party is sitting in the "BIG CHAIR", at some point "PETER" has got to be paid back by "PAUL" Cry. This carona thing might be the end/all-beat/all that's been a long time coming ??
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 6:53pm
OK. What in Sam Hill would you be doing then ?????????? Apparently you feel we aren't doing the right things ?????????  We could be in for a near "Depression" if we don't do something to prop up the economy.  All the Democrats are doing is complaining about everything DJT does is wrong and now Peelousy wants to open another investigation????? Good Lord !!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:35am
Yep, spend money for nothing results.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 4:55pm

OK. What in Sam Hill would you be doing then ?????????? Apparently you feel we aren't doing the right things ?????????  We could be in for a near "Depression" if we don't do something to prop up the economy.  All the Democrats are doing is complaining about everything DJT does is wrong and now Peelousy wants to open another investigation????? Good Lord !!
It's a crap deal all the way around!! All my point was that for some reason the USA can/will print $$ willy-nilly and kick the can down the road to pay it down ?? There's no good answer except maybe(probably) the US got caught with our pants down  Confused. GOOD LORD, supposedly the USA is the salvation to the rest of the world, why didn't we get a jump on this carona BEFORE it left China?? Any idea of what our National Debt is up to now?? I don't, and would probably be ashamed if I did Cry. I've got my thoughts on the "mortality" rates of this illness, but will keep that thought to myself Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

It's a crap deal all the way around!! All my point was that for some reason the USA can/will print $$ willy-nilly and kick the can down the road to pay it down ?? There's no good answer except maybe(probably) the US got caught with our pants down  Confused. GOOD LORD, supposedly the USA is the salvation to the rest of the world, why didn't we get a jump on this carona BEFORE it left China?? Any idea of what our National Debt is up to now?? I don't, and would probably be ashamed if I did Cry. I've got my thoughts on the "mortality" rates of this illness, but will keep that thought to myself Wink

What Dr Allis says about us falling into a near "DEPRESSION if we don't do something about the economy" is EXACTLY the right and even the ONLY thing we can do to save our nation!!! I shudder to think in how much of a catastrophe or a real CF we would be in right now if your presumed heros, nancy, hillary and barac had of been in charge,,!!  DO NOT convince yourself that anybody in the republican party likes what HAD to be done,,,AND if you had a really great IDEA on HOW to save the nation,, you're speaking up a little late, guy.
 BY THE WAY,,,please feel free to post a pic here of you and any others you know,,,actually tearing up your part of the stimulus money. Should prove to everybody that you mean what you say,,,,,,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:44pm
whew!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:27pm
Now some the dairy farms are having to dump there milk because nobody will buy it because of the school being closed. SAD
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:57pm
Well, at the risk of furthering this discussion in the wrong place, I am not at all fond of the stimulus packages and the debt that goes with it....nor the likely 'money printing' that will result. That being said, I see no other way of handling this. The good news is this, we had a strong economy going into this, AND, a leadership that has already removed us from economy choking treaties and trade agreements, from intellectual theft and give away's, and bringing manufacturing back home. We have a better chance than just about any country in the world to quickly recover from this. Actually, we have a good chance of coming out of this economically stronger than ever....thanks to the current leadership.

I too am fortunate (and grateful) to still be collecting a paycheck, although we are cut to four days a week....I am still very grateful. 401k is in the tank right when I was planning retirement. But, I still have a job and relatively healthy.

I for one see a bright future for this country..

Just one other thought, 2019 was the lowest total abortions, according to Government statistics, in many years, by a significant number, but still, 623,471! where was the concern when they were dying?
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 8:41pm
GOOD LORD, supposedly the USA is the salvation to the rest of the world, why didn't we get a jump on this carona BEFORE it left China?? 

China told the WORLD that they had it contained.. TRUMP shut down Chineese fleeing to the US on Jan 31... Other countries did not...  Today we have 10,000 dead from the virus.. We have 20,000 dead this year from the normal FLU.... Spain and Italy who are 1/6 the size of the USA have 15,000 DEAD from the VIRUS.

We are in VERY GOOD shape compared to many parts of the world..

Future in Economy should also be better.. GET JOBS OUT OF CHINA and back to the USA. We can NOT rely on them for ventilators, masks, drugs, and many other essential equipment... and NO MILITARY PARTS should be sourced from China.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 8:42pm
Seems as of April 1 a new trade deal with China went into effect and the first items are FARM GOODS to be shipped - grain purchases - which should add to a robust season of knowing what to plant this year 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Seems as of April 1 a new trade deal with China went into effect and the first items are FARM GOODS to be shipped - grain purchases - which should add to a robust season of knowing what to plant this year 

exactly Coke, we have markets we didn't have few years ago.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:26am
Saw on the news last night that CHINA is having a RUN on the grocery stores.. Shelves are bare.. They need rice, corn, bulk items, meat... People are hording...All of that is IMPORTED

No comment on toilet paper. Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:21am
And why are they hoarding, everything is Hunky Dory over there they say.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic