This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

185 value update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by skateboarder68 skateboarder68 wrote:

Yep! Now imagine a turbo’d 185 on 18.4x34’s. It has a sweet sound and I don’t know how fast it goes but it’s almost scary
You obviously have never been down the road on a Case 630 triple range and a narrow front-28 MPH Wink !!

Edited by FREEDGUY - 23 Apr 2020 at 5:09pm
Sponsored Links

allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:49pm
Back to the steering issue, check the oil level. One of ours sat all winter at a rented farm and when I went to start it, steering wheel took off. This was about 30 years ago and have never had any hydraulic issues since. I figured maybe kids were playing around on it and had air sucked in the lines. Some of the more knowledgeable ones on here can tell you what to check more accurately as it could be an issue in the future. 185’s are nice tractors.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:15pm
Well Kevin we finally made it back to tractor. Had to tape the top of the fuel shut off in the pump and she fired right up. But anyways the steering worked fine. Dad drove it around a bit and tryd all the gears out. A few negatives, one of the 3pt lift ram is leaking pretty good, one of the brake pedals don't seem like it's hooked up or something and the rim looks worse then originally thought. But the deal got better. I will do a final update when we bring it home.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 8:58pm
That’s great, glad it has a good home! Sounds like the most costly issue could be the brake if it doesn’t get addressed in time. Those are nice tractors— I have been working ours good these past few weeks, just put the bale monitor back on mine tonight. Best of luck with your new purchase!

Edited by allisbred - 26 May 2020 at 9:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic