This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 Gearshift retaining washer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 Gearshift retaining washer
    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:27pm
Does anyone know the dimension of the retaining ring to hold down the shifter? A few places that sell the washer and snap ring kits say the washer has an OD of 1.368 ID 0.998 0.254 thick, but the OD of the Snap ring is not given. If anyone has the dimension of the snap ring I'd like to pick one up a a local bearing supply shop, its easier than paying shipping /duty for parts shipped north of the border.
Sponsored Links

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:28am
If someone does not post the dimensions for you should be able to use the washer OD to gauge how much larger the snap ring is. You could get a few snap rings in steps of OD larger than the washer OD to try, since they will be less expensive locally. It appear a D14 and some others use the same snap ring # 70202875.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:29am

FYI checked the Parts Catalog

WD and WD-45 use the same Parts

Snap Ring 202875, Washer 207772

Gary
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:21am
Sanchez,
 Welcome! I like the WD45's too!:)
If I remember I can try to measure the used one I just took out of my WD45.
Grrrrrrrr!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sanchez View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:30am
Thanks for the quick response, I cut a washer to those dimensions on the lathe the other day, I just need to pick up a snap ring for it. My problem is the tractor is out at my Uncles place so I haven't been able to test fit or take any better measurements. From the photos I've seen it looks like the washer has a rounded inner radius that must contact the ball of the shifter, or is there some other type of seat that contacts the shifter ball. 
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:33am
Don't know where you are in Alberta, but check with your local Agco dealer, they may have it.  The one I deal with in Camrose is usually pretty good at finding earlier parts.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 1:37pm
I measured my used ring and it was 1.50 o.d. Hope that helps.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sanchez View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:46pm
Thanks Chris, that helps for sure. I should be able to find a retaining ring with that OD to retain a 1-3/8 washer. Phil, I thought AGCO was only in the US, after some digging it turns out the Canadian version is Agriterra and they are able to bring in the washer and retaining ring, although at $14 and $16 each I'm going to try my homemade version first.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure I'll need to get parts from them sooner or later.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 3:22pm
They can be pretty pricey on some items, but reasonable on others.  They wanted over $40 each for new exhaust valves for a gas D19, but intakes were about $12.  We got the exhaust valves from an Ontario supplier for $17.36 each.

Welcome to the forum!!
BillinAlberta View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillinAlberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:03pm
Yeah Welcome to the forum.
Good old tractors and there are a number of AGCO dealers in Alberta.
The parts and prices for the old machines are all over the map but I always check with the dealer first.
I deal with Pentagon Farm Centre Lacombe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic