This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had both 17s out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had both 17s out
    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 6:48pm
Hi everyone thought we'd share these pictures, finished the series lV and dad brought over uncle joes to service so while they were close we snapped a pic
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:11pm
Is the grill under the screen on the narrow front '17 white mesh? What is the tank on the L/H side for? I assume that's not the factory exhaust? I grew up on a '17 as a kid, IMO, best tractor ever !! Thanks for the pics Big smile
Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:27pm
My guess is uncle joe is always thirsty??? lol just kidding! I’ve got a series 4 and absolutely love it! Thanks for the pics
Leadoff View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:17pm
Mike Z

Tractors look great ready for spring work
1963 D17D Series III. 1965 D15 Series II. 1965 D17 Series IV. 1975 185. 1978 716H. 1979 716H. 1965 780 Harvester/1R&DC. 1957 Model 73 SC 4 Furrow Plow
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:28pm
The story of the nerrow front. My grandfather was a dealer out of the shop in the background and sold that new to his brother Joe who had the farm just out behind this. It is not original paint or engine. And it's orange under screen. Before my time uncle joe was brush hogging and the governor messed up and over revved and tossed a rod I gues and at the time gramp was still a dealer and just got a new engine which I gues is the latter one like in series lV and painted tractor at that time, and gramp was at that age where he just threw decal on just any place like the D17 on tank instead of under it. And the tank on side. Is for a new idea transplanter. They were a vegetable farm for many years. We still use it to plant some each year, not as much sense IV been injured. The tank is for water and gives a squirt of water in with each plant or seed.

Edited by Mikez - 02 Apr 2020 at 7:29am
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:38am
Mike,
 Thank your for the pictures. We did not have a D17 on the farm. But I like the narrow front I have. I can relate to the single row planter. I transplanted thousands of cabbage plants each year when I was a teen. We had the water tank on the planter but it was not a 3 point type. Very slow dusty/ dirty job. But I did not seem to mind it! Your tractors are in good shape. Great shot in front of the dealership!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:48pm
Can/ may I assume that he N/F is a series "1" ? Our '17 had the cream mesh grill but the headlights up on the radiator shroud. We swapped N/F for W/F every fall as the N/I mounted picker went on Smile Wink Ours was PO #2 paint scheme also 

Edited by FREEDGUY - 02 Apr 2020 at 5:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic