This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Helping your immune system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helping your immune system
    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:25pm
Rather than mucking up other threads,starting a new one.

Herbal tea was talked of elsewhere.

The vinegar Wink

On other forums zinc is talked about. Many have used it for years on colds and the new virus is related. Also several articles about Dr Vladimir Zelenko and his use of Hydroxychlorquine Sulfate,zinc,and Z Pak.

So how many take vitamins or herbal supplements regularly.  

Wink A big wig with Tenet hospitals on local radio, Lot of rest.

Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:37pm
Am thinking a few days mucking out a feedlot might be the perfect cure.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:54pm
I have to take 2 penicillin tablets every day for poss the rest of my life for my leg problems...(no not my middle leg), along with numerous other pills. I do eat my veggies, and the only sodium I get is already in the foods we eat. I've heard zinc is a good thing, but dunno how much one should take? I bought a book at TSC a couple years ago that explains a lot of this and also gives advise and info on different ailments and body health. you think I can find it??? the old lady....ooooops...I mean the loving wife has put it somewhere in the unknown! it'll prolly be found and sold at my estate sale! PffffffT!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:23am

Yeah,,Shameless,,,I hear you,,!! My #3 Son has always been a natural cures health nut and practices what he preaches pretty much. He has had some of the exotic teas sent to us and I have to confess,,I ain't much of a tea drinker,,,but,,,,but   let me tell you bout the ACV,,,,,,,LOLLOL,,,OK,,,OK,,I'll ease up on you this time,,,,LOL
 I have been doing the gargle with the ACV tho since I read bout doing that somewhere. Imagine my total surprise when I went to gargle with it the first time,,,,I didn't know you was susspossed to use 2 TBS of it with a glass of water,,,,,CHIT I just took some cold turkey straight out the bottle,,,and,,,,and,,,I friggin thought i was gonna choke to death,,,!! I had NO IDEA it was so dang SALTY straight out the bottle,,!!! I spit it out and had to rinse my mouth with water many times before I got rid of the salty taste,,,!!!! There just ain't NO WAY any germs could live in that Pure Quill stuff,,,,
 I feel you done the same exact thing is why you don't like it,,huh,,??LOLLOL

Edited by desertjoe - 02 Apr 2020 at 7:25am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:59pm
i'll tell you...after I bought a bottle of that stuff...and recommened by a friend, I was in the shop when I took a big ole slug of it from the bottle....I think I had to catch my eye balls and put them back into their sockets! I grabbed a tea and rinsed my mouth and spit it out all over! i'm pretty sure that friend or no friend...if you would have been anywhere within a mile of me I would have hunted you down and.....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:01pm
oh...and you still have one com'in to you "my friend"!
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 7:14am
  I used to get a bad cold flu once or twice a year started taking stuff called zink balance     15mg zink 1mg copper a couple years ago have not had flu or cold since take one every morning.
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:15am

Yeah, Gordy,,,,10-4 on the zinc ,,I use the Cold-Eaze for when I get the flu and it does work for me as well,,!!  Kinda leaves a "metal" taste in the mouth but ,,,IT WORKS,,,!!!Clap
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 12:02pm
I think the zinc is a good idea.   WinkI put this out on a phishing trip,Wink you know looking for all the bad that could come of to much maybe.

Wink Everybody is now jumping in,on local radio a add just this morning " Dr Jack's wellness kit",I ant sure but I think O'l Jack is a chiropractor. There is nothing wrong with a bone cracker getting things back in place. I have used them many a time.Wink But I never figured on using one to fix my heart or that type of aliment. I know they do get into vitamins and other supplements. My dad got asthma late in life,as well as normal over worked back trouble many of us get. Went to have a back treatment from a different chiropractor,who had the miracle cure for his asthma. Well other than lightening his wallet nothing came of it. 

But I am interested in any ideas any are using to easy you aches like O'l Joe and the CBD cream or what ever. As well as vitamins and minerals that may keep the immune system Wink up and at them. LOL   
Ryanlark View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryanlark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
 In connection with the virus, you need to carefully choose both products and vitamins. My wife went crazy with this virus. After returning from the store, she puts all the products in the bathroom and washes them with antibacterial soap. I don't mind taking precautions such as taking vitamins, treating the hands with a sanitizer, filtering water before drinking it. I even bought a special jug for this at https://diligentchef.com/best-alkaline-water-pitcher/. But to wash the products and their packaging every time is not normal. Do you agree with me?

Edited by Ryanlark - 03 May 2021 at 1:56pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:14pm
the clear stuff
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:17pm
my Doc tolt me to start taking sum multi vitimins...so i gots sum and is taking them everyday. can't tell any differences so far. i tolt the old lady....ooooops....i mean the loving wife to pick me up sum ginseng tablets...all i got was a "look".
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:52am
We have a friend/neighbor that is a health nut. She eats no meat or salt and is into all this "all natural" supplements and foods.

She was having problems with her balance, memory, muscle spasms and blacking out. After a long workup at her doctor, it turned out her sodium levels were dangerously low. She actually needed to consume more salt. Her iron levels were also very low.

She also had some problems with some levels because the supplements she was taking were dangerously high and throwing her whole system off. Some other levels were way dangerously low.

The doctor told her (basically) to go home and eat a balanced diet and lay off the supplements.

Some of these supplements may help, but you better have some knowledge about what levels are acceptable. Some excess levels are passed in your urine. Others can actually lead to health problems.

Some of the supplements that have claims of boosting your immune system have similar effects.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:07am
The big thing to help immunities that very few talk about is Vitamin D. Started taking 4500 iu per day since January. 4000-5000 iu per day seems to be the sweat spot. Got level checked with a blood test and it was getting better but still on the low end of the range.
Dark skin people are generically low in Vit D . Zinc is also important   
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 3:20pm
Wife & I take a Zinc pill every winter and don't have any colds & stayed on it when Covid hit
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 3:45am
i eats lots of things. my nutritionist said no or very little red meat!  o-k...i like chicky and fish, i didn't dare ask about bacon, and she never said...so i'm taking that as it's o-k? i eats lots of veggies cuz i like 'em. i'm sitting here eating a mixed berry blend of blueberries/strawberries/blackberries...yummy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic