This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oops - Need CA SC Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oops - Need CA SC Help
    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:27pm
Silly me - I pulled the SC bell and hook off my CA this afternoon. All the parts were liberally coated in dirt and grease. I removed the hook (and spring, #6 in the diagram below) from the bell to clean it. Failed to take photos (when will I ever learn?) before taking is apart.

Can someone tell me how the spring fits over the hook and whether the two straight arms of the spring go under or over the pin that goes through both plates of the bell - the one with the arrow pointing to it - or press against some other part?

Thanks for your help!
Dave

WC, CA, D14, WD45
Sponsored Links

jb from md View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb from md Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:26pm
The spring goes just like in the picture. The straight ends of the spring go under the pin you have the arrow pointing to. You have to fit it all up in there then get the pin through. I hope this helps you..JB.
8050 FWA, 190XT, 185, Styled wc, Unstyled wc, (2)C, (2)WD45NF, WD45WF, WD,416h, 716h, 312h, 8070 pedal.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:04pm
Thanks, jb. Much appreciated.

Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
jb from md View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb from md Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm
Will this help?

8050 FWA, 190XT, 185, Styled wc, Unstyled wc, (2)C, (2)WD45NF, WD45WF, WD,416h, 716h, 312h, 8070 pedal.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 7:49pm
The shop manual should have helpful details:

http://geraldj.networkiowa.com/Trees/Allis-Chalmers-G-B-C-CA-Service.pdf

Gerald J.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:04pm
jb, thanks for the picture. Always helps to be able to see what I've supposed to do. Thumbs Up
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:54am
SC reassembled and reinstalled today. Thanks for the help.

Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:07pm
ClapClap  Sometimes we all need help with the simplest things.  Take a bow Dave.
I remember the first time that happened to me.  It's not easy when you don't even have a book.  Thank God the neighbor had one for me to look at.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:18am
Thanks, Ted. There was so much gunk accumulated inside that part of the SC that I don't think a picture would have shown me much! Thank goodness for the help that's so readily available on here.

Regards,
Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic