This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7030 LaPorte roof

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7030 LaPorte roof
    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:46am
Is the cab roof white or antique white or cream like ? While I have it off cleaning everything I might as well touch it up
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 12:13pm
There seems to be a lot of debate over that color. Agco from my understanding carries that color. I posted this before, it's a comparison of colors off the shelf on my maroon 7060 after I hit it with rubbing compound

Edited by plummerscarin - 29 Mar 2020 at 12:14pm
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 12:40pm
I have a maroon belly 7060 manufactured in November of 1977 and purchased new in the spring of 1978.  Dad bought a black belly 7060 in the spring of 1982.  I can't tell any difference in the color of the tops of the cabs.  There is a difference in the color of orange between the 2 tractors.  The newer 7060 is a brighter orange.  Both cabs appear to have the Allis-Chalmers cream color paint.  I've been told that Rustoleum "almond" color is a close match.  Haven't tried it yet.  
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:14pm
Good guestion. Seems their cab roof, front wheel rims, & inner rear wheel centers all match ~ a cream color that closely resembles Plummerscarin’s IHC white Van Sickle sample? The Van Sickle AC cream looks nice too. But I think it contains a little to much yellow?

The AC 7030/7050 hood decals & AC triangle logo both contain a white color which doesn’t match the aforementioned pieces.

Edited by AC7060IL - 29 Mar 2020 at 1:15pm
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:51pm
Thanks!
                          Dana
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:36pm
Just my opinin, but Id never use Van Sickle paint,, way too thin for me
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:05pm
I think the plastic tops on the 7030 and 7050 and very early 7040, 7060, 7080 were the AC Cream color. Just judging by my 7050 and brother's 7030 and various sales brochure I have. Then the color changed with the steel tops.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:18pm
Y’all are the best! I painted the cab first coat with white and second coat with my AC creme. We’ll have to see what she looks like back on top. Dana
                          Dana
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 7:07pm
Rustolem almond if you can find it
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Dan Hauter Dan Hauter wrote:

I have a maroon belly 7060 manufactured in November of 1977 and purchased new in the spring of 1978.  Dad bought a black belly 7060 in the spring of 1982.  I can't tell any difference in the color of the tops of the cabs.  There is a difference in the color of orange between the 2 tractors.  The newer 7060 is a brighter orange.  Both cabs appear to have the Allis-Chalmers cream color paint.  I've been told that Rustoleum "almond" color is a close match.  Haven't tried it yet.  

I used the Rustoleum almond color on my 608 riding lawn mower wheels a few years ago when I repainted them and I also thought it came out nice and a good match for AC cream.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic