This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help electrical 7030

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help electrical 7030
    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:16am
Where might I find circuit breakers for 7030? I pulled my new to me out of the shop so the guys could put new tires on and lost power to radio, wiper, blower. I have the owners man but that doesn’t help me. Thanks, Dana
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:21am
Behind lower dash panel on 8000....don't know about your.
youngorange2000 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:23am
I had a ih 5288 were the cab relay ground was rusted and would make contact very intermittent, I just shined up the grounds and put a new ground bolt in and its been working fine scenes. It might just be a bad or loose ground somewhere    
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:37am
Main breakers are directly straight ahead of the brake pedals in the engine compartment. There is a breaker on the key switch inside the instrument panel. The power begins at the starter terminal stud with a heavy wire that has a soldered connection inside it (fuseable link) and goes to the main breakers.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 12:18pm
OK Dic I see a junction box where you said in engine compartment ahead of the brake pedals but I see nothing resembling resettable cb’s?? Also do I have to get to ignition switch cb by removing metal panel underneath switch? Thanks!! Dana
                          Dana
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 12:56pm
Proof read Dana LOL....breakers are not push button reset....they reset when cooled off.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 29 Mar 2020 at 12:58pm
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:13pm
There are breakers in the top of the cab,under the roof that control blower,wiper, and radio. There may not be power to them.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:59pm
Not Sure what’s going on here when I turn the key I have power on the dash lights I just don’t have any power above my head also I’ve vacuumed up on top and I saw no breakers but again up under the roof are they reset-able? What do they look like. I tested up by the controls in roof and saw no power tell me foes the ignition switch need to be on for those to work or are they hot all the time? thanks again as usual. Dana
                          Dana
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:24pm
OK y’all here’s the thing. I’m 76 inches tall. How did the boys figure I could work on the floor of that cab? LOL! I laid upside down and could barely see the cluster of ‘things’ hanging off that ign switch. I felt around gingerly (with the key switch on and radio and blower on and all of a sudden they came on. I thought the issue was in the switch or wires on it and so it is. Now I guess I’ll try to find a tiny person to see what’s up. OMG I just remembered the switch seemed real dry so I shot some dry spray lubricant in the keyway a few days ago! That must be it! Now what? Compressed air through keyway? Km
                          Dana
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:30pm
Lights are powered from batteries through breakers on firewall. Key on for power overhead. Breakers under roof for A/C and wipers...
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:59pm
I had the throttle chafe through the feed wire to the cab top once. Sometimes it worked fine, sometimes it didn't and sometimes it was a dead short. Took me a while to figure it out, but fixed the wire and fixed the problem
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:03am
Thanks guys it’s in my ign switch. We will see how it goes I’m leaving the panel off under steering wheel, if I do replace the switch I have no idea who I’ll get to fit in there to work I sure don’t fit lol
                          Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic