This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some more ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some more ???
    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:33pm
Hi all, you have been great help with our questions.

First does any one recognize this spring, it's about 18" overall 15" of coil X about 1-1/4 round.

Second is a filter with part number 090825. The instructions in box dates (4-56) but it's not in my book.

Third are these fittings 925049. Just curious what they fit.
I know what the other stuff is in pictures.

As always thank you

Edited by Mikez - 28 Mar 2020 at 9:34pm
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:39pm
In the second picture the sprockets didn't have a part number on them but I have a card for this bin with part number 504423 and that says 100sp,90sa,60sa and in there parts book says sprocket 9T so I'm assuming that's what they are.
acnh210 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acnh210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:42pm
The spring looks like one on a manual fold 2300 disc.
Terra Tiger, WD, 7040ps, 8050 with westendorf loader, 8050ps fwa.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:48pm
Ok thanks, will look that up.
I had though a mower balance spring but we had one to compare and it was smaller.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 7:00pm
No books to cross check the number,but filter looks like the Fram C1 (I think it was). The filter was used on HD 5 crawler as primary fuel and oil filters.  But just a wild guess.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:18pm
That big spring looks like the one that was beside the hydraulic cylinder on the White top Roto-Baler I had.  I'm sure that it could have been used in many other applications also. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
NE GA Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:28pm
I looked for the filter part number in the books I could find and it is not in the HD5, HD6, HD11, HD9, HD16 or DD grader parts books. I have not given up yet but I googled that filter number and besides coming up with different manufacturer part numbers, the cross reference also brought up different Allis part numbers that were a cross reference. Those numbers I did not find in the books listed above either. Possible that the part number became obsolete and is not listed in the copies of parts books I have looked through as well.
Keeping Allis alive with:
2 B’s, 1 C, 6 CA’s, 2 WD’s,
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:41pm
Thank you guys
Keith M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:27pm
Help needed. The D-12 Series III came with a high low range option on gears. I’m not sure but I believe it was a section that bolted between transmission and rear end . It had a shift lever I believe to shift into high or low range with clutch depressed. If I’m right will this bolt into earlier series D-12’s. I have an earlier series D-12 I’d like to put one on if it will fit and is affordable. I’m sure this is wrong forum but seemed to fit here best. Moderators feel free to move. Any help or information about this option will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I’m sure someone on here can help y’all are so knowledgeable I feel like a kid listening to adults talk. Thanks again from Kentucky.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Keith M Keith M wrote:

Help needed. The D-12 Series III came with a high low range option on gears. I’m not sure but I believe it was a section that bolted between transmission and rear end . It had a shift lever I believe to shift into high or low range with clutch depressed. If I’m right will this bolt into earlier series D-12’s. I have an earlier series D-12 I’d like to put one on if it will fit and is affordable. I’m sure this is wrong forum but seemed to fit here best. Moderators feel free to move. Any help or information about this option will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I’m sure someone on here can help y’all are so knowledgeable I feel like a kid listening to adults talk. Thanks again from Kentucky.

I believe it will bolt right up.  There are, however 2 types of aux transmissions, 1 is HI/LO, the other is F/R shuttle. turn the input shaft by hand, and see which direction the output shaft turns, in each gear position...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:39am

Keith

The Hi/Lo for D-10 and D-12 was a Factory Option. It involved a different Torque Tube and the Hi/Lo gears were inside this Range Transmission Torque Tube.
It was not an Add-On between Torque Tube and Transmission.

The Forward / Reverse Shuttle was available on D Series Tractors that had a Hi/Lo Power Director, eg D-14 and D-15.
The P/D was modified to act as a F/R Shuttle.

Gary

………………………………………………………………………………………

Just remembered - the D-10 and D-12 Industrial ( I-40 and I-400) may have had the Hi/Lo Range Transmission Torque Tube and the gearing was changed to give a F / R direction, but you had to depress the clutch to change gears.

Edited by Gary - 31 Mar 2020 at 6:48am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:44am
The Hi/Low or Fwd/REV will NOT bolt right into the early series D10/12. It can only be fitted into a tractor that has the IPTO as they are the ones that have hollow transmission shafts and fine splines. the early tractors with the transmission type PTO will have coarse splines at the front of the transmission where the Auxiliary section would fit up. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Keith M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:52am
Could I change out transmissions to make it work on my tractor. I’ve got a bum leg that’s stiff after an accident and low back issues. My friend has a D-12 with this option. The trouble is he’s non mechanical and lives over 500 miles away now. I liked the extra room and think it’d help me getting on and off my D-12. Thanks again.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:46am
I've got a '65 D-10 Series III with the Hi-LO gear box. Like said it is in front of the transmission.
I will NOT part with it, but will gladly show it to anyone that would like to see it.
If we get past this cover-19.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Keith M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:46am
Dusty, if you don’t mind and have time could you post pictures from several angles like top, both sides to this forum or to my email : kmartin40071@yahoo.com
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 7:21pm
While looking through mower parts book I see a lot of springs throughout parts book looks similar to top picture, they all are HTP part numbers. If anyone has these mowers could you measure your spring.
Thanks a bunch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic