This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what do ya'll use for,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do ya'll use for,,,,,
    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:37am

What do ya'll use for a spider bite,,,?? I was cuttin some weeds in back yard and of a sudden I feel this sharp pain in my butt,,,so I throw the weed eater down and go to garage  and strip down to nuttin to see if i can find the dirty bastar'do that done bit me,,,,I do not see anything in my clothes but the bite keeps gettin sharper by the second,,,,! It is a "sharp" sting almost like a dull needle,,,Thinkin it might of been a Black Widow ,,,I again search all my clothes, but don't find nothing,,!!  The bite gets bout 1/2" reddened area and red as heck. I put some "After-Bite" on it and pain level finally goes down to bout a 6. That was yesterday morning and I still have that welt bout 1/2" and still hurts when I sit and lean back.
  Thinkin bout puttin an ice pack on it but what ya'll use,,??
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:03am
Sure you didn't get stung by a bee or a wasp?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:54am
Don't usually do anything but ride it out and keep an eye on it.
Got bit by a brown recluse I suspect that was in my work pants around the belt area.
Guy I worked with had the same thing happen at the same time. Blamed the uniform company. Area turned black about the size of a pea or a little bigger. Doc said keep antibiotic on it.
It cleared up ok but hurt in the mean time.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:38am
Make a charcoal paste and put on the bite generously,  put Suran wrap over it to keep from making a mess,  then a banage to hold it all in place.  Keep it on over night.  Lot of people swear by this charcoal remedy.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:47am

See, this happened Wed morning and the "knot" is down to bout a 1/4" this mornin, so it is going down and stopped burning, but starts burning again if I rub it ,,!!  Gonna have to ask the wife to put a  big bandage over it,,,but she prolly won't want to as she never like'ed my butt,,, said mine was bigger than,,,,,,,,,, hers,,,WinkWink Chit,,I'm outa here,,,,

Hey weiner you mean charcoal,,like from a grill?? Do they sell charcoal?
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:32pm
Joe,  they say that charcoal from a fire that has burned down to just the ash left,  but you can buy charcoal from a health food store, maybe drug stores.   I have never tried it myself,  but I`m around people that have and they swear by it,  say it will draw blood out of a rock.  (-:    If you try it let us know how it works.  
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:34pm
Maybe we get more first hand information on the charcoal. But charcoal soaks up all kind of stuff,used in filtering things. Not going to hurt anything. But I think it may be to late to make any difference for O'l Joe Winkthis time. I would guess use as a politesse to draw the spider venom out. 

Had a neighbor woman that got some kind a bug bite that really messed her up. They assumed it was a brown recluse spider but never proved it.Took all the get up and go out of her. So you watch them little oh bugs there Joe.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:30pm

I don't think there are any Brown recluse spiders in this country but you never know,,,,The know is down to bout 1/4" and is hard to the touch and if I mess with it too much it starts burning like maybe some poison still under there,,??
 I built a small fire for the grandson the other night for toasting marshmallows, so I gots some fresh stuff and I'm gonna give it a try,,,,soon as I can get the wife to dress it up,,,,,,fingers crossed,,,,LOLLOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:12pm
Being your such a hard @$$, I wonder how the heck that spider, bee, or bug managed to sink its teeth into ya?  Wink  Never endin ain't it.   Family friend (Henny) up here got bite by a recluse, he had a heart attack a couple three days later. So any little sign of that, get your butt looked at.

Edited by chaskaduo - 27 Mar 2020 at 5:17pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:38pm
Spiders don't generally inject a Venom or poison, it is a Enzyme that causes tissue to degenerate or develop necrosis to fluid like consistency so they can Drink their victims. Spider bites most often go necrotic or start dissolving around the bite, seldom do they get better on their own so I am suspecting Wasp Sting.
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 6:48pm
Charcoal - ASAP!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:10pm
Look out, it mighta been a barking spider!

[TUBE]a1WFscfpVrg[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:36pm

well,,I noticed something this morning when i first went out. The bite place is right above my pants line and since I wear suspenders and my pants one size bigger for" Comfies",,,right there is where the bite place is. It went from bout a nickel size right after the bite to bout a 1/4" now and has not hurt or burned since last nite. When the bite happened,,it was more like a sharp sting like a needle but immediately started to burn down in my butt cheek and burned for bout 4-5 minutes while I was tearing my clothes off,,,,,,looking for that sob,,,,,
 Got me a charcoal paste made and just waiting for the wife to finish eatin to get her to fix it up..ClapClap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:29pm
a 1/4, or a quarter?
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:46pm
You gots yourself stung by a wasp. burns like a hot poker for about that long of a time too... and takes about three days to go away...., but in the back of the hand, it will swell up to look like a blowed up rubber glove.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:39am

Sure might of been,,JC,,I been noticing some new kind of bees flyin around lookin for a home,,They are not like the usual yellow jackets we've had but are a yellow and brown colored and seem skinnier shaped. I knocked down a couple of them with the Home Defence. They may have already got em a nest where I was weed eating and I pissed em off,,,but,,,but,,,I'ma gonna teach em a lesson in "Gettin Ole Joe" if I can find the nest today,,,,,,,!!WinkClap

You know,,,Shameless,,,leave it to you to find that mistake I made when tryin to tell my story,,,,,but you ARE correct,,,A quarter is almost same as a 1/4,,,except for the little " (inch thingies),,,,,LOLLOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 10:28am
You got him Joe. LOL

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 11:08pm
he'll pay!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:25am

LOLLOLLOL,,,,,,you guys,,,,,,,LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic