This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B1 runs but does not move

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteedBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B1 runs but does not move
    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:43pm
hi I bought a allis chalmers b1 tractor and I was told it needs new belts.
the the tractor starts but does not go forward or reverse due to the belts.
does anyone know what belts I needs and if so; is there a list of all belts I can buy and replace them all at once? I think I should replace all belts all at once that way I can adjust the belt tensioners to minimum tension with smallest tightest belts and hopefully have a really tight running machine from fanbelt, to drive belt to pto belt etc (new to this tractor these belts i mention are assumptions im not sure if they are there or what they are called I just assume for now)
ok so I need to get all new belts that way I will know for certain everything is running stock tight.
also if the belts turn out to not be the problem (belts are inexpensive)
then it must be the drive or transmission then I will start a different thread or alter this thread and hit the manual for strip down service instructions

so as of right now - what belts shall i need and where can i get them?

thanks i hope this tractor is as good as i was told it seems like a nice machine and the forum so far seems cozy and active so cheers; glad to be here thanks.
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:01am
To drive. Just one belt. It's under the seat, right side. There's a belt on the starter generator, that's on the back side of engine but you say it starts so that must be there. Does it have a mower deck with it, there's three belts for that.
Drive shaft off back of engine goes straight back into bevel gear box like a T box and shaft out each side, right side belt goes back to transmission and left side is mower or pto, is short belt down, then from that lower shaft another belt to mower deck. Hope I explained that right lol. I don't have part numbers here with me
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:27pm
Call Brenda at in Pa. the AC parts place that advertises on this site, 
Sandy Lake Implement 888-252-0656
SteedBee View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteedBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:08pm
thanks I got five belts part numbers off of the service manual
SteedBee View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteedBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:12pm
thank you I just sent Brenda or sarah a message with belt numbers to see prices.
hopefully the prices are good.
I mentioned this site and forum to let them know.
i didnt mention your username as thats not my pace to tell people.
but thanks, hopefully they get back to me soon
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:22am
You can get the drive belt at any farm/auto store.  Nothing too special abut that one. 
AaronSEIA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic