This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ca hydraulic pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 4:33pm
Well that was fun. It's all cleaned with new o-rings and a couple other worn parts replaced (including the two cotter pins that had fallen out inside the drawbar control linkage)
Now just two get it put back on tractor tomorrow with new hydraulic trans fluid and hopefully everything works as it should. I was a little apprehensive to do this but I think I did okay because at the end I didn't have any spare parts on the bench πŸ˜‰
Here's a couple of pictures of it all back together although it doesn't look like very much from the outside there's a ton of parts inside of one of these that I hopefully will never need to mess with in my lifetime again.

Thanks for everyone chipping in information in the process, Matt πŸ‘
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:25pm
If it takes you less than 3 tries to get her 'up and running', then 'you're a better man than me, Gunga Din'.Big smile
With hydraulics, cleanliness is CRITCAL, so clean, clean and clean some more.....I was in too much of a hurry the 1st time, even more of a hurry the 2nd time, 3rd time I took a whole day.....THEN  it was 'happy'.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 1:16pm
Well just got pump reinstalled and all filled with clean oil and I hit a homerun everything works! Now I just need to know when 2 take the dipstick reading for the full line with Rams extended?
Another words is the full line with Rams extended with the PTO engaged and everything running or is it after it rest for a bit with Rams extended and not running or engaged?
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:47pm
Thumbs UpThumbs Up I don't check mine with the rams extended, because I have a pin hitch CA and they don''t extend when the drawbar is on. If SC, I would check them with rams extended and the pump off.I doubt it matters much.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:58pm
I have a snap coupler drawbar/ 3 point combo unit
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 6:37pm
Excellent news, Matt! Glad to hear that everything works as it should. Clap

When I was topping off the oil level in my CA I saw that there was a measurable difference in the dipstick reading between lift arms down vs up (ie, cylinders extended). Maybe 3/16" or so on the dipstick.

Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 7:35pm
Ok,I'll top off fluid with cylinders extended and tractor not running now that I'm confident in when the measurement should be done...
Dave, did you feel the need to completely reset all the settings on your hydraulics after your install?( I need to look back in my manual to see what the knobs are for and see if varying them actually does what there supposed to do now that pump is rebuilt and system is clean)
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:05pm
Matt, I will need to reset the controls to (I think) "drawbar" to invoke the traction boast system as I'm sure that I have disturbed how they were set before I started working on the pump. Time to read the manual!

I haven't reinstalled the pump yet - waiting on one more part and also want to flush the cylinders. Once that's all done, I'm hoping to report good results!

Edited by Dave(inMA) - 05 Apr 2020 at 6:30am
WC, CA, D14, WD45
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:10pm
pretty sure you measure with it in the up position. That's how the D14 is done. Similar pump/cylinder system. It should be in the manual..somewhere.....
I recall having to go up/down a few times to 'burb' the trapped air out, after that it was fine.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:37pm
Right, I'm thinking I'll need to reset it too
I've done it 2 times before so you'd think I'd have it memorized by now
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:54pm
Congratulations on a good job.           MACK
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:39am
Yup thanks
I was hoping I had everything reinstalled correct and it would work again.
Now to swap out NF end for the WF end and add the trip loader, install new portioning valve (to select rear cylinders from front cylinders), flush and remove radiator in the process ( b/c I have to remove radiator to swap nf to wf,and figure out where my engine oil leak is coming from at front of tractor😜
Sounds like a simple thing( but with 2 young ones will probably take me a while...)
Any information on any of these I'll absorb and be appreciative, thanks Matt πŸ‘
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:54am
You want a diverter valve not proportioning valve, they are different. A diverter valve shifts all the flow to one circuit or the other. A proportioning valve splits the flow between two circuits, allowing some flow to both at the same time. Don't want to see you end up getting the wrong one.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:00am
Ok, good info keep em coming
The suggestion box is open for anything helpful.even stories that are associated with using these old tractors with a trip loader bucket( maybe I should start a new thread)
Thanks Matt
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:50pm
You're doing just great Matt.  I can't help you with the loader on one of these, as we never had a loader on one of em.  We always had em on the WD or the WD45.  Only had the cultivators on the CA.
Nice set up of the 3-point also.  This is one of the handiest little tractors and it has a lot of guts and power and doesn't hardly use any gas...

Oh yeah,,,,,,I have used it on occasion to pull my WD45 out of the swamp when I get kind of stupid....

Edited by Ted J - 05 Apr 2020 at 11:51pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic