This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5 stolen serial# 5088 ...need help...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamieH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5 stolen serial# 5088 ...need help...
    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 5:05pm
I'm wondering if someone would be able to help me...I purchased a crawler/dozer from a gentleman and it had gotten stolen from my property. I had finally gotten it running and replaced all the fluids got the right steering clutches working but the left side still need some work but the rest was fully operational.i was told by the state attorney I need to find a way to show what going value is on a unit like the one I had. Didn't know if I could have some help from some members on here as to what kind of value it would have...thank you for any input20180317_032850.jpg20180311_112152.jpg20180317_032850.jpg
Sponsored Links

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 5:38am
Wish you luck. Takes some effort to steal something of that size!
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 1:28pm
for insurance purposes it would be at around $5000, , sale value of running HD5B would be around $3000 , the tracks on the machine are worth $2000 if machine was parted as they look good . Other parts would well make up over $1500 if one sold them separate . Figure the engine at close to $700 and other parts could be even more over time . 
 That Baker blade - well unsure on that unit but in weight alone probably $200
Hard thing is when a buyer is willing to pay for a machine they want - sometimes price is no object . So to say between $3 and $5 T - value of $4,000 - and if they catch the SOB it would be FELONY conviction 

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 17 Mar 2020 at 1:30pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 6:52pm
How did something like this get stole ?
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 7:25pm
why would the state attorney be involved. if you file a police report then the local sheriffs office should investigate it. not the state attorney. sure seems like a lot of trouble go through for that machine. just saying.
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 7:49am
States attorney or prosecutor will have to prove the value. That will determine if felony or restitution.
Surprised a thief worked that hard.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:10am
It doesn't me - criminals will work harder to do illegal things than a honest man does in a job to earn a honest income . 
 Seems that idea of not worth much as it's old isn't only with Attorneys , when I bought my 58 D6-9U back in 1980 and went to a bank to borrow $5000 against it - had loan officer tell me nothing built that long back was worth enough as collateral 
 Came back a day later with copy of Rock and Dirt magazine with add's for sales of machines. Person I normally dealt with was in that day so got the loan flat out but dropped the paper off to the other guy to check out . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JamieH View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamieH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:07pm
I had it sitting on another piece of property which I hadn't visited in a short while. He apparently had a roll back to come and pick it up and haul it to a scrap yard to be scrapped. The sheriff's department showed me a picture of it on the wrecker as it went over the scales and had the guys signiture for receiving the 600.00 he got for the scrap price. The sheriff's department was amazing on how fast it took them to find out who done it. It's just taking a while for everything to go through the court system. As for the state attorney being involved I don't know...just know it's who I had to turn my bill of sale and all receipts into. there might be more to it than just my dozer being stolen. I just know they asked me to find a value on what the dozer is worth besides my opinion of its value...thanks to all who have contributed info for me about this
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:40pm
did it get scrapped or you getting it back?

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:38pm
someone steal a dozer the has to stop at a weight station sure doesn't sound to bright. glad they caught him. I wonder though if there wasn't some one around there that helped him.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 9:18pm
Glad to hear you got it back... for theft purposes, yea, dozer's worth 5000 or more bucks...+ all your time and the county or state boys and the hauling fee to drag it back home again.
 He needs a serious lesson taught to him not to touch another man's possessions. Like a couple years at hard labor on a chain gang.

Pinball, think he was sitting on the scale at the scrap yard when the picture was taken....Good thing the scrappers had a camera set up.  Yea, I wonder how much it cost him to get it hauled... probably was looking at big bucks in his warped  and demented mind of his. Total stupid fool.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:03am
would like to know if the guy that hauled it stole it or did someone pay him. 600 bucks isn't much yo haul dozer like that. good that the scrappers were alert and the fellow will get his dozer back.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:38am
I understand your post better now - and its true alot of stuff gets stolen off of back in the woods , property not along the highway, hope it all goes good
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:21pm
I sure hope he gets it back,but he never really said he did. Some.............almost all the scrape guys I ever seen are shady characters themselves. Seem to take pleasure in just destroying hard to find parts.  Probably hoping you give up fixing your old junk and let them have it for China too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic