This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Farmall land usa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farmall land usa
    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 8:09am
Well it was on my list to go visit anyway but this year they're closing at the end of the season so I guess I tripped the Omaha AKA shameless country is in order. I've heard it's a pretty cool museum even if you don't like red tractors didn't hear why they're closing but I think they're getting up there in age so running a full-time museum is probably a lot of work. Anyone here been to it ?
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Sponsored Links

bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 8:34am
on the plus side you can stop by and visit with Shameless
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 8:41am
that was my thoughts exactly LOL I messaged him yesterday so he's got plenty of time to head for the hills before we get there
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 8:51am
Originally posted by bikley bikley wrote:

on the plus side you can stop by and visit with Shameless
  That's a Plus???
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 9:02am
Visiting there this year moved way up my list when I read it is closing after this year.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 9:28am
So which one of you guys is going to buy it?
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 9:29am
Lot of rare ducks in there I'm sure it won't go cheap but definitely a once in a lifetime buy and it's a fairly popular attraction so maybe you'll make your money back
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 12:06pm
It would be nice if more of these private collection/ museums would have a chance to stay together and continue. The original owners work hard to acquire them, then in their old age or at their passing the collection is dispersed, in some cases because the rest of the family has no interest and only wants to cash it out or because if any one does have any interest they wouldn't be able to pay the estate the total value of the collection. Too bad there wasn't a way to fund and maintain these private collections as tourist attractions every city and county wants to promote tourism but then again I wouldn't want to get government involved.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 12:44pm

My Son , Father and I where out at Farmall Land in 2004  ,spent a week out in the mid West. Stopped at Haymakers show on the way home . One of the many good trips I had in mid west doing shows .

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 10:28pm
I guess I better stop in and see it on my way to or from Hutch this summer!

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 11:48pm
I've been there several times Know the owner real well, He's been a member of our tractor club, Elkhorn Valley Antique Power Association. Jerry Mez. It is an outstanding display. It is a shock to hear. He said his kids never were interested in the museum. Local people volunteered to work there. On a side note there was an F-20 with oversized rear wheels, maybe 10-12 foot in diameter setting in a field where hwy 13 runs into Rt 20 (in Nebraska that crosses the U.S.). I Had thought it was unusual so I had taken pictures of it in 1970. two years ago it was restored and sold to Jerry, and is in the museum. The rest of the story is that it was used to double crop wheat between corn, with two small grain drills that ran between the corn rows. He has a lot of unusual tractors and has had in the past the 5 millionth IH, a dual 400 that someone was making up in Washington, that they only made two of. The chain drive between them weighed 5,000 lbs, which made the tractor weigh 15,000 lbs. which made it to heavy.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 5:02am
Make sure ya post lotsa pics of shameless...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 6:28pm
I talked about this with a friend today and he said they went there with a bus tour a couple years ago and it was a very good collection. He also said there was someone with an AC collection near there but he didn't remember a name.  Does anybody know who that might be.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 8:27pm
Dave wants the free pics
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 8:40pm
Royal Bierbaum in Griswald Ia. (712) 778-2586 South of Farmalland . He is usually open on Fathers day, and I am not sure the other times. The Griswald area has 2 or 3 tractor museums, Rush's IH just north of the Allis museum on main st., Another that collects JD L tractors and possibly a Ford one, not sure on the Ford one any more.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 9:07pm
Seems like a person could take a nice little vacation down that way along I-80. Allis connection show, stop at Kinze for awhile then head west.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 9:30pm
Kinze is an first class show also. They have a tram that they take you threw the manufacturing plant and have individual head phones so you can hear what the leader is saying. But the best part is if you can finagle a tour threw his private collection and see rows of tractors and in some barns he has tractors stored double decker. This man made a JD 720 or 730 into a 4 cylinder, buy sliding the engine over and welding another crankshaft in line to make it work. He starts it up and it purrs like a real tractor. Then there is the story how JD sued him and JD lost. Read his book.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 9:41pm
I know the person I was talking to made the reservations and took the tour at Kinze, he offered me a chance to go with them at the time as they had reservations for 4 people but due to other things going on at the time I was not able to take off and go, maybe missed a chance in a lifetime. He told me all about it. Put it on the bucket list and hope to get there when I retire and have more time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic