This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OT Case 1570

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT Case 1570
    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 1:20pm
I have a guy who wants to trade in a Case 1570 against my 190xt. Don't know anything about the Case's and the 3-speed power shift, although I have driven my friend's 2870 several times. I looked at the 1570 yesterday. It was 30 deg outside, and it started without help. AC/heat don't work, all gauges worked except fuel. 3 point lifted/lowered properly. PTO worked. Let it run for 5 min, then drove it.
When I drove it, it took 2.5-3 seconds after I let out the clutch for the tractor to start moving in 1st PS gear. It shifted to 2nd and to 3rd easily but with a 1 second pause between gears. Is this normal or is something wrong and I should stay away?
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:10pm
I had a fuel customers with 1. He seldom used it. No dealer wanted to take it in on trade. According to him it was big and slow. He was finally able to trade it for a new 1086 that was held over from the previous year.   
ajl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:55pm
I would ask Case questions on the Case board at ytmag.com    The experts are there.  Have some Case experience as there are a number of those tractors around here and generally those tractors are good. 
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Alex09(WI) Alex09(WI) wrote:

I have a guy who wants to trade in a Case 1570 against my 190xt. Don't know anything about the Case's and the 3-speed power shift, although I have driven my friend's 2870 several times. I looked at the 1570 yesterday. It was 30 deg outside, and it started without help. AC/heat don't work, all gauges worked except fuel. 3 point lifted/lowered properly. PTO worked. Let it run for 5 min, then drove it.
When I drove it, it took 2.5-3 seconds after I let out the clutch for the tractor to start moving in 1st PS gear. It shifted to 2nd and to 3rd easily but with a 1 second pause between gears. Is this normal or is something wrong and I should stay away?

You are aware of the HP variance? I would be surprised if "5" minutes of warm-up time at 30*'s is ample?? I ran an 870 case with the 3 speed P/S for a dairy farmer years ago, and I don't recall EVER placing the main shift lever into 1'st?? Sadly, as memory serves, there is/was "momentary" lags in shifting when cold. A 1570 would be "almost" twice the tractor as a 190 IMO :-)!!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:39am
I had an older model 1070 and it had good power and I liked the power shift but the aftermarket cab was bad in summer and winter.  When it's cold, it takes quite a while for the trans to shift smoothly and quickly.  A good old horse for the money.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic