This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Kind of implements will my Allis B take?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:53pm
Ok, yeah right now it will pull start (didn't get it though when rolling of the trailer) hopefully will get my problems fixed Friday, with flooded engine I just let sit? Or should I turn fuel off and crank it (like I was hot starting it
1940 B
19__ WD
Sponsored Links

TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:10am
Have you found a manual/ops instructions yet?
Do yourself a favor and get the info, and study it as you will be more comfortable with the unit, and more safe.
Go slow with initial operation until you get to know the proper operation of the tractor as the little ones can get you into trouble just like a bigger one . . . .
BraedonAllisB View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 1:06pm
Does anyone know where I can buy or download the manual so I can lean about the machine more
1940 B
19__ WD
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 1:33pm
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvxDDuq8gSc9ex2Y4n4wH3OWvMt8Foeb/view Try this link. Also Gerald J has them online and I would think he would chime in. One other thing-looking at the video of your tractor I didn't see a lever for a hydraulic pump. I see the pto lever but not a hydraulic lever. Maybe I missed it. 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 4:05pm
Two things can happen with the sickle mower.. ONE is you can move the lever when the sickle is vertical and that will cause it to try to roatate and break the stick ( or something).. the SECOND is you can bump the sickle and the blades can shift slightly in the bar and PINCH or CUT something..... If you remove the belt on the back pulley, then you can run the pto and test, and run the hydraulics if you have them, without worrying about the sickle being powered.....Second is keeping the teeth/ cutters from moving on the bar... You can slide the drain tile over the bar as you said... i have a plywood bracket with a couple WOOD teeth that sets on the bar and in between a couple teeth and i strap it on with a bungie cord, to keep the teeth/ cutters from shifting.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 4:10pm
Your best bet for good/ quick operation is to do a basic tune up... New spark plugs / maybe new wires / make sure they dont have cracks or shorting out / check mag timing "SNAP" to crank TDC / fix any fuel leaks / make sure you have new gas / air cleaner cleaned out / throttle rod adjusted to carburetor max/ min .
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 4:27pm
Congratulations!!!  You have obtained my favorite Allis Chalmers Tractor - the B.  The information above is very accurate and most helpful.
I can only add as you now know you will find this forum to be most helpful to any of your questions - especially on the B.  
As to the hydraulics facing forward check the right side of the PTO.  You should have either a plate bolted on, a blank area - if so no Hydraulics - or a hydraulic pump.
If you want implements you would need to find a plow, perhaps a cultivator, a snow plow blade, and a mounted rotary mower.  They are available but can be hard to find  
Take good care of my favorite.  
Good Luck!
Bill Long
ps:  a picture of my son and I with Mr. Lupno's B with a mounted cultivator.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 4:48pm
good news, got it started up today! adjusted the space between which the spark has to jump, it is now running. as soon as i run out of fuel i will be installing a new sedimint bowl assembly, love my little tractor
1940 B
19__ WD
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 5:33pm
Good deal. Thumbs Up
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 6:22pm
Good to hear!! Nothing more exciting than one fires up.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 10:39pm
Yes very happy, does anyone know any electric start kits that I can buy for Hallie (that is what I named the b), thanks in advance
1940 B
19__ WD
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 4:38am
You could try a starter generator off an old cub lawn tractor, but I'm not sure it would have the torque to spin the motor.  Otherwise, you would have to get the torque tube and ring gear, off an electric start B, and assemble (big job)...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:22am
Don't rush into coverting it to electric. I hated my 39B to begin with but after I got all set it does crank start pretty good. Everytime it crank starts I think about what I did to make it work. (had to do alot more than you did. Bought as a non runner)  Something satisfying when it goes. But that B is not much of a working tractor. Good luck and enjoy it!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:19pm
If you don't have a hole for a starter in your bell housing, you probably don't have a flywheel machined to take a ring gear. So different torque tube, different flywheel(maybe) ring gear, and the toolbox is too long to put a battery box on top of the torque tube.
 If you did convert it, I would find a different toolbox and not cut that one down. Then you would have room to mount the battery box.
 My 38 B didn't get regular use, but the years I had it, it never failed to start on the 2nd or 3rd quarter turn of the crank. WAY simpler than keeping a battery in it charged up.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BraedonAllisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 3:45pm
K, all good stuff to know
1940 B
19__ WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic