This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC PTO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:18pm
My 190 is 540 only.-- didn't know about the 1,000 crap! wow!  mine is also " grind-in-gear" type, no hyd. on it. --- Looks like I got lucky and have the good stuff! lol!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Sponsored Links

milomilo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milomilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Pete from IL Pete from IL wrote:

If you can find a 2 speed rear pto-lift arm housing you can put that on and then you will have the reversible 540-1000 pto shaft. Thats what I did years ago with my XT190 with full time 1000 pto. You will need the shaft that drives the pto assembly also.  Something else to think about.

I am not sure what you mean about the 2 speed pto lift arm housing. I thought the 3 point lift was not associated the the pto.
Chris (WY)
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 10:55am
A tractor equipped with the 540/1000 RPM PTO has a different lift arm housing on it. Inside the lift arm housing are 4 gears which allow for the two-speeds. Direct drive is 1000 RPM and the 540 speed comes thru the four internal slow-down gears. In order to have this dual speed option, the front end of the PTO drive must be 1,000 RPM, like we think yours currently is. If you install the dual-speed lift arm housing on a tractor that is only 540 on the front end, you'll wind up with a 260/540 PTO.
milomilo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milomilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

A tractor equipped with the 540/1000 RPM PTO has a different lift arm housing on it. Inside the lift arm housing are 4 gears which allow for the two-speeds. Direct drive is 1000 RPM and the 540 speed comes thru the four internal slow-down gears. In order to have this dual speed option, the front end of the PTO drive must be 1,000 RPM, like we think yours currently is. If you install the dual-speed lift arm housing on a tractor that is only 540 on the front end, you'll wind up with a 260/540 PTO.

My handheld tachometer arrived today. Hope to get the RPM measured tomorrow. Then at least I will know where I stand.
Chris (WY)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic