This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 Mo. Swapmeet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2020 Mo. Swapmeet
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:43am
We are T minus three weeks from the big Allis swap at Lathrop. After missing the last two because of snow keeping me from getting stuff loaded, I'm planning on being there on Friday. Have lots of stuff I'm bringing; A CA that is in pieces, (keeping the engine and hand clutch) everything else for sale. A dirt scoop, one spoke-wheel for a WC. Piles of WD type stuff. Possibly some plows and or parts. Still have plenty of the parts bin boxes. A set of the 'big' Rowe foundry weights. Not sure what else, will have to dig around.

Things I'm looking for; A good radiator for a gas D-17. Think my serial no. is 38xxx. Possibly a power director for said 17. Mine is weak, would like to go through one and have it ready to go in when I do the split.

So, what's everyone else bringing/looking for? Really looking forward to seeing/hanging out with everyone after missing the last two, Mike.
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 4:23pm
Dog gone old gal has another show set up for that weekend. This has been the case for the last 3 or 4 shows. With her poorly heart I got's to help her. Shucks and darn.
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:31pm
It all depends on how busy I am but I may drive my pickup with 8ft bed down and bring some Nelson mufflers. Also I could bring down any NOS Allis parts that guys order ahead of time. Also could bring a few choice used parts down, but not anything large as my pickup is all I would take.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 7:55am
Well, the weather wasn't too bad yesterday and I got the trailer loaded. There is a little space left and room in the pickup box. Need to look around for the small stuff that's mostly in the basement. Good weather again today will help.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:27pm
Got some more stuff loaded today. Ted J, note that the scratchers are on there, just need to hook up with Alex to get them to you.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:39pm
One more.
68mustang View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 5:27am
Hi my name is George trying to replace axle seals on 1939 WC on the rear, got everything apart just can’t free up the invisible hub .
Any advice
Thanks
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by 68mustang 68mustang wrote:

Hi my name is George trying to replace axle seals on 1939 WC on the rear, got everything apart just can’t free up the invisible hub .
Any advice
Thanks

Hi, might want to start a new topic, will get more response.

Found a couple more things. I have a pretty good reciprocating assembly for a WD. 4" bore, flat-top pistons, sleeves and rods. I believe the crank has never been ground, will try to verify that. Will need to find my service manual. Also have a 45 crank that would be good for a stroker project.
herm0016 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herm0016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 10:23am
anyone headed there from out west that could transport something from there to Denver on the return? 
5020 MFWD Power steering
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:42pm
I have a working Delco mag for a WD that I would like to trade for a WD distributor . If you have one, bring it along.        MACK
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 9:02am
One week to go!

We can use this thread as a roll-call for who is planning on attending.

I believe I mentioned previously that I have a WD45 crank that would make a good puller-stroker prospect. Put the mic on it yesterday; The rods would clean up with a .020" grind, currently standard diameter. The problem is the front main is already .040" undersize and in need of a grind. If someone wants this thing to experiment with $30 will get it. If it doesn't sell, I'm pulling the timing gear and throwing it on the 'pile'.

The WD crank mentioned earlier would clean up fine with a .020" grind, possibly .010", your machinist would make that call. Would like to sell that whole rotating assembly complete but would possibly separate? 

Will be at the farm this weekend looking for more goodies to put on the load.
brouillettefarms View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brouillettefarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:07pm
I will be there Friday And Saturday these are some of the bigger items I will be bringing.
NOS 4 bottom 3pt plow
B/C two way plows
Pull type bush hog
82S sickle mower
4 sets wd/wd45 wheel weights
2 sets 190 wheel weights
B/C inside wheel weights
Lots of letter series/D series gas tanks
Very nice 190 bar grill
Cultivators for a B/C
Category 2 traction booster hitch
AC lawn sweeper
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:59pm
A lot of nice stuff listed there. MO just too long of a drive. Good luck to you.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 8:35pm
Guys, a lot of the stuff I'm bringing I really don't want to take back home. Motivated seller, willing to deal! I'll be there Friday hopefully be 10:00 am. Be in a grey Dodge 4 door with a trailer with lots of tires on it. Some of the things I'm bringing are maybe not too good, I would just scrap them but maybe someone can use them? As Ted J says; they don't make this stuff anymore. 
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 7:15am
Any interest in a D17 Diesel engine? It is the early one. Engine is complete and stuck. Antifreeze and oil where in the correct places when I took it out of the tractor.  I could bring it to the swap meet. $500 lselkriver@gmail.com
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:48am
Two days to go and it looks like the stars and planets did align. Should be there by 10:00 AM or a little earlier. I'll be in the grey Dodge 4-door with trailer with lots of tires. Stop by and say hi!
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:39pm

Just loaded up my stuff today, Used, New and NOS stuff! Hope to have a good turnout!
Not pictured: 3 sets 4 1/8th bore WD pistons (silcoMN/conformatic), NOS WD piston kit, Nelson mufflers.

www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 9:02am
Made it down Friday. fantastic day! The weather I ordered showed up! Was walking around in just a T-shirt soaking up all that good Mo. sunshine. Sold a lot of stuff, bought some too, (the 720 will be getting a new look sometime). Met and talked to a lot of great people and just enjoyed the atmosphere. Hopefully the weather cooperates next year and we can make it to Booneville. My uncle while not an 'AC' guy loves going along. I think he just loves talking to the people and I can use the help. May go for both days next year if I have enough inventory to justify the motel room, Mike.

Edit: Point 1. I would like to give a big shout-out to Dave the Plowman! I had sold a dirtscoop to Ted J, Alex was possibly going to take it back to Wi but didn't think he was going to have room. While talking to Dave purchasing some new shares for my 63 plow he asked about that scoop. I said Alex doesn't think he has room. Long story short, Dav's taking it to Wi. Allis express at work. Thanks.

Point 2; After meeting Alex I was surprised how young a fellow he is, good to see some young blood as 'into' it as he is.

Point 3; A big thank you to the Mo. Allis club for putting this on. It's one of the great Allis events every year.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 07 Mar 2020 at 9:59am
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 9:03pm
another good gits together I missed! Mike, how much BUSCH did ya brings?
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 8:02am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

another good gits together I missed! Mike, how much BUSCH did ya brings?
A lot more than I had a chance to consume! Would have been happy to share if you had been there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic