This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arizona trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arizona trip
    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 7:47pm
Our plans to make a trip to Arizona this winter have been scrapped, too many irons in the fire.  Thank you to everyone who messaged me about stopping in on our way, maybe next year.
Sponsored Links

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 8:02pm
Marked SAFE from Minnesota intruders for another year.
Maximum use of available resources!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 9:46pm
the "machine" is safe for another year! sorry your plans fell thru, stay warm!
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:12am
I'll soak up some extra arizona sunshine for you!

AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 1:46pm
How much snow did you get from last night till now?

Sorry you are gonna miss your trip Darrell, but we do like it up here in da Norte.  We stayed around here for a reason, after all, this IS God's country.  It's gonna warm up here right quick now, spring is just around the corner.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 3:25pm
Ted they said 5-6 coming, and I actually got 4 in my SW 1st ring burb.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:55pm
Ted we got 10 in and a little wind, not bad looks like a winter wonderland around here
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:11am
Yeah, we got that 10" also and then another inch the next day and now from last night we got another 1.5"s.  Sure hope we have a slow warm up this year, otherwise there's going to be a lot of flooding again....
The water hasn't sunk in from all that rain last year yet, and now all this snow.....oh my...
"Allis-Express"
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Sure hope we have a slow warm up this year, otherwise there's going to be a lot of flooding again....
The water hasn't sunk in from all that rain last year yet, and now all this snow.....oh my...

A lot of people down here in NW Illinois are hoping for that same SLOW warm up. It was wet most all fall, to the point of everything running off when it rained. It never dried out good, so there is no place for new moisture to soak in.
 We also have to deal with keeping all your run off in between the banks when it gets down here. The Mississippi is way higher than normal now, and was above flood stage 3 or 4 times last year.
 I you keep getting snow up yonder, it could be a damp spring all along the Rock and Mississippi down here.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:58am
Yeah Tuck, the river stage up here was at least 3' higher than normal and was at or near flood stage MOST of the summer.  Same here too, above flood stage at least 4 or more times.
I have no idea where all this water is going to go?  Maybe we can wash New Orleans away again?  I hope that new wall is better than the way they build the roads around here anymore.  There's a stretch of about 5 blocks that is a major highway/roadway that was built back in about 1955.  It is STILL in great shape, cause it's 16" thick and they used 10 bag mix on it.  It is probably the only stretch of road that hasn't been replaced in the city.  That's what they USED to do, build with QUALITY, to make it last.

We've still got some bad storms ahead of us, so I'm hoping for a SssLoooOwwww warm up and the water will go down the river nice as you please.  HOPEFULLY...
"Allis-Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:58pm
During the High School Basketball Tournaments is usually the snowiest here, fluffy and sticky. Packs into ice right away.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 1:26pm
Their talking about Lake Erie being higher and washing the shores out and some house falling into the lake.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:19pm
Darrell. Same here. Next year looking better.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic