This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Ford Remote Door Locks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Ford Remote Door Locks?
    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 11:18am
Surely Ford made not just one of these.  When I try to unlock my door locks remotely sometimes it works and most times i have to push the button numerous times.

Both fobs act the same and both fobs have new bats in them.

So has anyone out there solved this?

Google said to reprogram the fobs, but it went back to the same ole stuff after programming.  Confused
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 11:44am
Arent modern electronics great - seems one for my GMC is acting about the same - get a clicking sound sometimes from truck and other times nothing settign security system similar click noise and nothing - new batteries also 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:12pm
Very likely the problem is in the door lock itself and not in the key fob. On my '99 F150 I threw the remote in the glove box and just use the key and it always works. Trying to use the switch on the armrest sometimes works and most of the time it doesn't.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 2:15pm
the armrest switch works like new.

Is there a receiver somewhere that a person can get a grip on?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 3:40pm
search the net for reprograming procedure. I found this one for 2005 Ford fiesta
change the battery in all Fobs before you start
http://www.keyfobprogram.com/2005-ford-escape-remote-programming/
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

search the net for reprograming procedure. I found this one for 2005 Ford fiesta

Those instructions are a lot clearer than the ones I had for an Isuzu.  I spent over an hour and considerable loss of religion until I realized the instructions said, "CLOSE and open the drivers door 3 times."  I was starting with the drivers door already closed.
Maximum use of available resources!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Those instructions are a lot clearer than the ones I had for an Isuzu.  I spent over an hour and considerable loss of religion until I realized the instructions said, "CLOSE and open the drivers door 3 times."  I was starting with the drivers door already closed.

JW welcome to my world! most of our manuals are translations from primarily German or Japanese with a few other languages thrown in for good measure. most are lousy translations
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 5:54pm
all engineered to fail. way of the world. 
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 6:56pm
We had a fellow do that with a new to him 2012 explorer. He had to make sure he pulled the key every time he got out of it. The dang doors would lock themselves. He did not tell us this and we drove it in to change oil, put it on the hoist got out and the dang doors locked. We were able to get a door open. Be sure to pull your keys for a while after you reprogram it.
1951WDNWWI View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1951WDNWWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 12:03am
Do you have a dashcam?  Had a dashcam in our 2011 F150.  As soon as I got rid of the dashcam our remotes and door locks have worked.  

Edited by 1951WDNWWI - 03 Feb 2020 at 12:04am
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 12:09am
mine was doing the same thing, took them to the dealer to see if I needed new ones? he took them apart, bent the contacts back up and they work just like new again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic