This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather
    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 6:54am
Supposed to be 68 tomorrow and snow Tuesday and Wednesday.
Jeez....Need to get firewood up to the house.
Don't know if I need to go crazy and load the crap out of it or not.
Have to get it back to the woodpile come warm weather or the pack rats
will colonize it. They don't do that at the pile just at the house. They steal stuff too. I have found a couple of pounds of deck screws before and a new pair of work gloves I left on the back porch in there stash.
Industrious bunch, heck of a work ethic.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 10:24am

Yeah,,Fixer,,,,most animals are that way,,,,even tho some varmits are a PITA,, they are the most industrious critter's of the world,,ain't they,,?Wink
 I an sometines amazed at how them ants are able to haul some groceries from such long distances,,most times takin hours to get a spec of food over a barrier that ole Joe put in front of them,,,WinkWink,,CHIT,,,maybe that's why I ain't gettin things done,,,,,LOLLOL
Kiwi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 12:40pm
The animals will not be up to much today just sitting in the shade it is forecasted to get to 95F here with strong wind a good day in the combine with the AC on .keep warm in the north you guys
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 1:27pm
We had a high of 40 yesterday 35 today 47 tomorrow and mid 50s Monday and then the rest of the week is up and down in the 30s and 40s with rain
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 2:01pm
Gonna be the same thing here too.  Darn near 50 tomorrow and then back to normal, highs in the upper 30s and lows in the low 20s.
I'm ready for spring....I got lots of stuff to do!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 6:18pm
I am a little puzzled about this winter - prolly just plain old forgetfulness.

Here in central IL there has been millions of snow geese heading north.  Also saw a bunch of robins in the front yard this am.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 6:35pm
Kiwi, we will probably be wanting some of that 95* in a few weeks. The groundhog is supposed to make his prediction tomorrow as to how much more winter we will have. He is just as accurate as the tv weather prognosticators. But the weather gals are easier on the eyes than an old fat groundhog. Bet that grain dries good with 95* and a good strong wind. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 6:47pm
Fixer, good luck with those pack rats. I had some in a building down at the farm last winter and the winter before. Found a 5 inch x 3/4 in their stash along with screws, nails, screw drivers, chewed up electrical cords, zip ties, mouse poison, chewed up shop rags, etc. I had put out some of  the green mouse bait, blocks and loose cereal type and what they didn't eat like candy they put in their stash. Finally got some high powered rat poison blocks from the feed and seed and got rid of the bastards. Had to screw the blocks to a 3 foot 2x6 so they wouldn't carry them off too.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:03pm
Fixer...sounds like you need sum wood racks, they would look nice and keep the wood off the ground. more racks, more wood close by? plus ole Joe tole me you need the exercise! Kiwi...what are you combining? pics?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:46am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Fixer...sounds like you need sum wood racks, they would look nice and keep the wood off the ground. more racks, more wood close by? plus ole Joe tole me you need the exercise! Kiwi...what are you combining? pics?

Hey Fixer,,I NEVER said such a thing,,!!  CHIT,,he can't keep nuttin to himself anymore can he,,,,,,Wink
  'sides,,,we was talkin bout somebody else,,,,I better stop right here,,else he'll be tellin everybody who else we was talkin bout,,,,,LOL
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 2:58am
mmm the weather has been mild now for awhile here... Did it seem to change when the dems came to rest and signed their impeachment papers back in Dec.?  Probably get nasty as soon as the rep senate says Trump is acquitted of any charges.... an the impeachers start waging war again...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 5:32am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Ya probably do need to get off my butt more. So that musta been Joe I saw out there prowling around in the woods the other while I was sitting on the porch sucking down a beer. Wondered why he took off so fast when I hollered at him. Never saw someone jump a fence before and never even loose stride. Impressive...
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 10:08am

Never saw someone jump a fence before and never even loose stride. Impressive...

Chit,,,when you notice who you spyin on,,, grab a firearm,,,you'ld jump fences too,,,,Wink
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 11:13am
Well....had to chuckle when you left a patch of yer red boxers with little hearts on them on the fence barb.Tongue

Actually we have had some that lurk around here now and again. Kind of isolated to some degree. Wife wants some security cameras. I agree but they would have to be wireless and not hard wired. May look to be a PITA. Don't know that for certain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic