This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My favorite hay pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My favorite hay pictures
    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:44pm
picture has my father on my 175, brother in law & my Godson on the wagon, me on the CA.
Sponsored Links

allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:47pm
this was another load that day with me on the 175, BL & GS on the wagon.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:48pm
the final load that day!
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:59pm
This was really a great day— I hate kicking alfalfa on wagons and only had the CA and 175 at my place at that time as I was planning for baling Monday. It was only me and they were calling rain the next day. Around 12:30 that Sunday afternoon everyone start showing up to help and the hay was fit a day early. I was so thankful to have good weather, dry hay and help! I always enjoy making alfalfa the old way!
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:13pm
Very nice! Is that a 273 baler? We ran a 270 with a WD45.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:29pm
No— this one is a 315 although, in this picture I had the 273 tire on the pickup because I blew it coming up the road from my fathers that day and had to run 8 miles to rob it from my old Baler! It was quite the day, I only had those tractors at my place because of doing straw the day before. Still had my rack wagons full of straw, loader was on the 175 and a mower was on the CA . It all came together at the end! My sister was there and took those nice pictures!
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:01pm
😀😀
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:18pm
Nice looking hay and great photos! Glad you were able to get the hay in dry.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:21pm
Ed,   That was me that day, only made 3 loads with 2 flat bead wagons but in that picture I was grinning from ear to ear!! Kevin
ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:29pm
Great pics!!!I have a NH 315 baler as well.I run double windrows.The 315s can punch a lot of hay though in a hurry,awesome baler!!   
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:52pm
Yes, I agree that the Baler can take a lot more. If alfalfa, I generally only put 2 or 3 together with a bar rake to help hold leaves, and for hand stacking wagons I don’t have I low enough gear for the guy on the wagon with heavy windrows.( my alfalfa doesn’t have the bulk of grass). But the nice thing is that the 315 Baler will make a nice bale regardless of the throat being full or even. The 273 is very picky to the size of the windrow.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:17pm
Very nice pictures thank you for sharing. What size front tire is on the 175?
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:16am
Red Bank, Those are 9.5 15” Armstrong’s and have been on there for a long time. Just standard fronts for the 175. Kevin
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:51am
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:56am
I have always enjoyed looking at all “green gold” hay pictures. Please post if you have any!
Jim NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 3:54pm
Looks like $400 a ton hay.Nice pictures
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 4:12pm
Guys! Great haying pictures! I do and dont miss it! Hot days, but great days to be in the field! Very satisfying to build a load of good hay and have it get into the mow!
Kevin,
 May I suggest you make your pictures a little bigger like 900 x 675 pixels? They are very nice clear pictures and they really capture the haying process! With good looking Allis tractors too!
Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 5:31pm
Chris, I haven’t figured that out yet on my phone. I think it depends on what size it was taken and saved. Several of these pictures were texted to me and my I phone does not have many options for size to put back on forum. I know the picture should be a little bigger and a little more clear like I see. Hopefully my new phone will do better. This is a 5s and almost shot. It will not allow me to download to my cloud anymore. I should have tried to dump sooner I guess.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:42am
Kevin,
Just glad you and Dave posted these while we have 6 inches of fresh snow near Erie PA! Make me feel like there may still be hope for another summer!
Might have liked haying the best of summer field work! Smell of fresh mowed hay!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
tractorboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:26am
nice pictures!!  haymaking is my favorite tractor-sport!!  Looks even better since I'm gonna run a little short this year!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic