This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 Rockshaft bushings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadmyentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 Rockshaft bushings
    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 3:18pm
Hi folks,

One of my two WD45s could really use rockshaft bushings. A couple questions on this for anyone who's dug into one:

1. How does one separate the lift arms from the shaft to get to the bushings?I got the C clip off, but the crank arms are on just as tight as you'd expect after 60-some years. Is this a puller job or a torch and hammer job? Or does this not happen at all without a big press?  

2. Anyone know where to get the bushings? (Part # 222718) 

If I'm the first to brave this, I'll be sure to get photos.

Thanks all!
Rob
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:48pm

If you do manage to get on of the Lift Arms off:

the Allis P/N for the bushing is 222718,   70222718

Gary
smokechaser View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokechaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:09pm
I bent a big press trying to get one arm off, with lots of heat applied.  You may just have to live with it as-is.  The other side came off relatively easily.
A-C HD5G, HD3, I600, WD-45; IH 424, B414, B250, Cub; Oliver OC6; Clark R60; Bungartz T5; Ferguson TO-20; MH 44
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:37pm
Have never been able to remove one.        MACK
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:52pm
How about a complete used assembly. Should be able to find something good down there in Allis country. I have a good assembly here but shipping would be a lot. Can you wait till Hutch and someone could bring you one.
ac-mike View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac-mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:31am
I mount them in my shop press, apply pressure then heat quickly. It should come off or at least they do for me. Press is 75T and torch is HD rose bud heat tip.
D-12III, 200D, 170G, HD-3, D19D 3pt, D17D High Crop, WD45G p/s, D15IID, D15IIG, D15G IND, 655, (3)WD45D p/s, 700, 816
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:36am
Only one side would have to be removed, correct ??
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:37am
I have several apart and on the shelf for sale

sadmyentist View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadmyentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:07am
Thanks all. Sounds like this will be just as "easy" as I thought. I'll keep you folks posted. I'm hoping Dr Allis is right that only one side needs to come off, even if it means taking the paint off the shaft. If I can make it move, I guess I will be talking to Lon about meeting at Hutch. 

Sounds like folks have gotten the bushings, so I'll track down an agco dealer and see what they can do.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:57am

I believe the Rockshaft is smaller in diameter between the 2 bushing supports

…………………………..

See photo of rear shaft in this AD. Click on magnifier to enlarge photo.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/33100125/1950-allis-chalmers-wd

Edited by Gary - 11 Dec 2019 at 9:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic