This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

just short....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just short....
    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:54pm
insulating the new cook shack, and I came up just one batt short! PffffT! trying to think of what I may have around here to fill in that one space. I checked with the lumber yard to see if they had any broken bags of it and they said no. maybe I can find some foam rubber? only need one batt 12x75 inches...not even a full one.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:42am

Well,,Now,,,Good Buddy,,,,a "thrifty person" such as yourself oughta be able to come up with "something" ,,,,,,Wink
 Fact of the matter,,,I happen to have a busted bag of what you need,,,,want me to send it to you,,??Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:30am
Donate the Loving Wife's favorite Quilt, and you won't ever have to leave your New-Cave. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:00am
Get a slab of that blue styrofoam and cut to fit.  Stack 'em up if you need more thickness.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:14pm
Is there anyone in the area, building a new house or doing a remodeling thing?  If so, stop by and ask if they have a left-over piece.  Worth a try!!   Heck I would send ya a piece, if I knew how to box it up without being a huge thing. And maybe a address??

Edited by Dave in PA - 06 Dec 2019 at 3:16pm
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 3:54pm
you cheapskate, livin on a sheriffs pension and ss. act like your destitute. go buy some insulation. will use it up someday. our local lumberyard carries bags with a few batts for customer convenience.

Edited by trace - 06 Dec 2019 at 3:56pm
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 5:49pm
Get it were you get all your other hoses and stuff. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 06 Dec 2019 at 5:50pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:51am
Just go Dumpster diving again......  You're good at it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:43am

DANG,,Shameless,,,,,,,!!! DANG,,,these responses are BRUTAL today,,,!!!LOLLOL

That's the best I can do for you today in your defense,,,,,else,,,,else,,they might be piling on ME  next,,,,,,LOL
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 1:44pm
Joe I think they have listed to him slam others too much
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:27pm
I do have a new bag of batts, 12- 93 inchers in the bag, when I opened the other bag it EXPLODED outwards and covered almost 1/3 of the building. I don't really wanna open this bag and then hafta store all the other batts for how long? and don't wanna just throw them away. yeah...i'm cheap, and easy too! destitute? nope. but i'm not wasteful either.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:25am
I have to agree, it seems a waste to toss, and compacting for storage basically ruins it if not done right. Life's dilemmas. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic