This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 7080 battery cable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinsonfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 7080 battery cable
    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 9:22pm
Does Agco still make or offer part number 70267263  (upper battery positive cable) for AC7080? Is there another option for the dual battery positive cable from another source? 

Edited by twinsonfarm - 03 Dec 2019 at 10:31am
Sponsored Links

Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:52pm
You can make them yourself is the other option.

You do realize that any 7000 series (except 7000-10) would have the exact same cable???

The 8000 series cable would allow you to use bolt on battery posts but still work.
twinsonfarm View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinsonfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:28am
Solder or crimp? 
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:33am
Crimped with the proper tool is sufficient. The guy I went to for generator, alternator, starter work used to lend me his crimping tool (gonna miss him) so I could make up my own cables as needed. Put shrink tube on to seal the job.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:37am
And when I used to work at the CaseIH dealer we'd use the hydraulic hose crimper which worked super nice.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
lowell66dart View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowell66dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 8:38am
NAPA has the solder ends and solder pellets but they are not cheap.
 I use a place call Dell City when I stock up on things. Making your own is the way to go. If you order anything remember that on most batteries the positive and negative terminals are a different size. 
AC 6080 (8030,7060,200,175,D-17HC, 6040,160,6140 all gone) Farmall 1066 & 656 Hi-Clear (for sale), White 2-62 High Clearance, JD 4255 Hi Clear.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:16am
I like solder for conductivity but seem to always cook insulation next to it. Good crimp is fine but I don't have stuff to do it right.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:51am
I prefer to crimp and solder the terminals.  This assures good contact.
 Heat shrink will help protect the connection and make the job look professional.

CLEAN the wire and the hole to be soldered in the terminal.  
 60/40 (60% tin 40% tin) Solder
Use solder paste (flux) on the wire and the terminal. {NEVER use ACID CORE solder on Electrical.}
Pre-tin the wire before inserting into the terminal. 
Crimp the connection and then solder.
Trim any straggler wire strands.
Slide heat shrink into position and heat.

There are many good videos on YouTube. Here are a couple.

Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:42pm
I bought a hydraulic wire crimper (cheapy import off ebay) and couldnt be happier. Wish i had done it years ago. I have converted lots of old cables with badly worn clamps to the screw type and am very happy with it
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:54pm
On the tractors using post type batteries, I have been using the ordinance type terminals and lug terminals on the cables. This allows me to use stud type batteries if needed and the battery terminal is easy to replace.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
fourthgeneration View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourthgeneration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:17pm
I don’t know how much equipement you have but I have enough to justify a set of greenlee crimpers. I just make my own now. With OEM prices it has paid for itself and reduced traveling to pick up parts.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:10am
We make Battery cables. Any size, any length. Just need the size you need, and the C to C.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:58am
I never ever used the OEM style cable. Use TWO separate cables, one from each battery + post to the starter stud.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

I never ever used the OEM style cable. Use TWO separate cables, one from each battery + post to the starter stud.
X2 on that!  Have done that on every set of cables I've replaced in the last 8 years or so.  Stuff spins over like I don't recall ever witnessing.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:27pm
Whenever we converted a 4 battery tractor over to two new 1000 CCA batteries, we just cut off each existing cable and added on new battery post ends.
Toscani NE SD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toscani NE SD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 7:56am
all these posts and nobody answered , yes agco has the cable, i just bought one for my 7080 a couple months ago, it was about $124 if i remember, and its better than any home made thing
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by twinsonfarm twinsonfarm wrote:

Does Agco still make or offer part number 70267263  (upper battery positive cable) for AC7080? Is there another option for the dual battery positive cable from another source? 

My 7080 has 2 cables to an insulated terminal on the starter frame and a copper strap from there to the solenoid post. Separate grounds to frame.    Dale
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 1:04pm
What size replacement cables did you use?  Did you always have enough starter solenoid stud for two cables?   Have a 7040 that came with separate grounds to the box frame only.  Seller warned that they had a lot of starter problems....Thanks,,,,Dale
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic