This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

remove pulley from front engine shaft B-110

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strengthchain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: remove pulley from front engine shaft B-110
    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:44pm
I managed to get my snowblower on the front of my B-110, but the belts need replaced. The pullley that attaches to the shaft on the front of the tractor is stuck now. Anyone have any advice on how to get it off?

It looks like the shaft is threaded. Anyone know the size? I could thread a bolt in then use a pulley puller maybe.

Edited by strengthchain - 07 Nov 2019 at 3:45pm
Sponsored Links

LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:13am
My best guess would be a 3/8" coarse thread bolt. Originally, it would have been the bolt that held the pulley onto the shaft. There should also be a key in there that made sure the pulley doesn't spin on the shaft under load. Sounds like yours is rusted/seized onto the shaft. You should also make sure that the pulley on there now does NOT have a set screw anywhere that tightens down onto the key or the shaft. I have seen this before, sometimes the set screw is even in the groove underneath where the belt would normally run. Check that out before you go to town on it with a puller.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 5:35am
If here is a set screw, be SURE to look into the hole after it's out ! Old school guys used to have a 2nd screw to 'lock' the first one ! This was before 'Locktite' was available.
yeah, I figured this out the hard way.......Cry
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 7:18am
Yeah, gotta' watch them double set screws! Don't ask me why I know that!  LOL! If I remember correctly, that pulley is keyed, and has a allen set screw in it. One of the B110's that I had had that setup.  I have a Big 10 that I haveta' remove the pulley off of the old engine.  Make sure the shaft is clean and free of paint in front of the pulley, so when you pull it off, no damage will come to the pulley. The pulleys bend easy. Dont' ask me why I know that either!  Sheesh!   Confused 
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 10:32am
if it looks like all the ones on my 101 , my crank and mower drive are a browning hub that you have to loosen the big flat nut on the end about 1 1/2 wrench size  could not be positive but i think mine are oem pullys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic