This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD4 steering clutch?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD4 steering clutch?
    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 7:03pm
Who sells new steering clutch flywheels for the HD4? Need two of them.Any help appreciated.Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 11:45pm
I use  General Gear and machine in Boise Idaho or Illini Construction in Illinois . Aftermarket from General Gear , is also where I get my brake bands and clutch disc .
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 2:16pm
General gear doesn't offer them.Mine are bad, not worth the effort to repair. Was hoping to find new ones. I can make them, but sure don't want to.  Thanks Tracy

Edited by Tracy Martin TN - 01 Nov 2019 at 2:26pm
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 6:16pm
did you try Illini Construction ?  Try Blount in Holboken Georgia . they have good used parts . good prices. sent a pic of your worn out ones please . thanks
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 8:10pm
Randal, Kevin at Illini is working on finding some. Most used ones have egged holes and register rings. Thanks Tracy
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 8:13pm
post a pic . I am not exactly sure what you are referring to .
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 9:21pm
Randal, don't have a pic here. It is what the pressure plate pushes the disc against.It is made from cast iron, the brake drum separates fly wheel and pressure plate. Thanks Tracy
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 9:06am
do you need both ?  I will look at my spare part and take some pics to send .
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 2:46pm
Tracy...Just to let you know this, I reline brake bands for the crawler tractors and can rebuild the steering clutches as well. I can usually get about any parts you need, as far as new goes, so please keep me in mind. What you're looking for is probably out there as good used or some NOS somewhere, just getting ahold of the right person is the thing. Rick
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 6:17pm
uploads/5626/uploads/5626/DSCN0955.JPGDSCN0955.JPGuploads/5626/DSCN0955.JPGgoing to try to figure out how to post pics Tracy.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 7:03pm
Randal, that is the flywheel. Mine has egged holes and register ring on back is worn bad. Thanks Tracy
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 8:06pm
you mean the top pic is not what you need.  the bottom is the pressure plate right. the only thing left is the ring that holds the clutch and plates and the brake band fits around. correct ?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 8:12pm
Randal, yes top pic is correct. Thanks Tracy
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:08pm
I think this one needs cleaning good. never sat grooves or out of round bolt holes. they should be easy to find used in good condition.
Marko View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:58am

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Email steeringclutch@gmail.com       for orders or questions.

CONTACT OUR OFFICE at 1-208-342-8911

General Gear and Machine, 733 Desert Wind Rd., Boise, Idaho, 83716 US
*All prices are in USD & do not include shipping
All prices are for new aftermarket unless stated otherwise
All OEM part numbers are for references only

Here is a link to a place I found. I also have a Parts machine. Hope this helps.
MR
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 11:13am
Tracy...The pressure plate is exactly what I told you it was...it's the same exact pressure plate that came out of the WD45 diesel and is the original 9 spring pressure plate. I can do those... Rick

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 6:46pm
Rick, can you supply the complete pressure plates? Sent you a PM. Thanks Tracy
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 1:52am
Sent you a message, Tracy...
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 9:42pm
Rick, sent you pics. Tracy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic