This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rarest AC item ever evidently

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rarest AC item ever evidently
    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 8:52pm
I tried to replace my denim, unlined, high crown, diamond logo hat to no avail.  I bought my last one from Wally at the GOTO in Albert City in 2010 but the last time my wife washed it, she had to sew one of the seams back together as it is starting to fall apart, let alone break down.  Seems as though the new fad is the flat bill, heck I thought the reason all these young foreign baseball pitchers wore them that way was because nobody had shown them how to properly form a cap bill yet. I finally had to settle on this one with the suede bill, medium crown, denim, unlined and take the patch off my old one and put on it.  Now to sew the patch in place and I'll be ready to go to town again.

Maximum use of available resources!
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 11:31pm
Looks good but it looks a lot smaller than the old one diameter wise.  I found a couple with the logo silk screened on orange.  Large size for my big head, I think I gave $5 each for them.  I am really pleased with them.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 7:14am
wife was looking over my shoulder while I am reading your JW, she just chuckles and says, "another one with your problem"! I say what? she says, 'flat bill hats'.
ya,,,,well, flat bill hats just aint right!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 8:18am
Flat bills is all there was growing up....that's what I'm used to and that's my preference. Those cupped bills block yer vision....and they're for farmers anyway so they can get their head in the mailbox(Gov't check)
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 8:26am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Flat bills is all there was growing up....that's what I'm used to and that's my preference. Those cupped bills block yer vision....and they're for farmers anyway so they can get their head in the mailbox(Gov't check)

You probably shouldn't say that with your mouth full.
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 8:56am

Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Originally posted by JW in MO)</div><div><span style=font-size: 14px;>You probably shouldn't say that with your mouth full</span><span style=font-size: 14px;>[/QUOTE JW in MO)
You probably shouldn't say that with your mouth full[/QUOTE wrote:

You probably shouldn't say that with your mouth full of FREE FOOD!

You probably shouldn't say that with your mouth full of FREE FOOD!
Fixed it forya JW.
The farmer has yet to share in the prosperity of this country!
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:56am
JW, did you look at Wally's website??   I needed to replace my stars and stripes cap that I bought from him when he was set up at the Apache Junction show here in AZ three years ago.   Didn't see it on his website so called and he had one left of the one I like.   Had it in a couple days!!
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 12:48pm
Yes Armand, I tried, Wally always said he would put any badge on any hat, that was how this one came about.  At the Gathering, I found a denim Oliver hat I told him I wanted the diamond logo on and he was going to ship it to me when he says, hold on, goes back in the trailer and comes out with this one.  So I found the denim hat with the Oliver badge and emailed them only to find out the hat had been discontinued and they had failed to get it off the website.  They were very nice and thanked me for finding it.  The other hat I bought that day was the one with the diamond logo, light grey high crown mesh and black bill but that one is only available in the flat bill now, and that ain't happening.

Lou, you and I will just have to educate these flat bill folks, I think with a heat gun it might be workable, just not sure I want to spend $15 to find out.
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:06pm
I've changed many a flat hat bill into a curved one by wearing and rolling down with my hands and also using some rubber bands to hold the desired shape of the bill.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 6:39pm
One kid I knew took flat bills, cupped the bill, and stuck it in a jar of water for a while. The jar held the shape. Let soak a day or so, then take out and let dry. Did that a couple times over and got them to stay curved. 
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:03pm
yikes! this thing took an ugly turn
Wait for the Lord;
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 9:51am
I've always enjoyed what was called Rollup hats. Then they went to Bucket hats. Now you can't find any hat like those.

Growing up on the farm I always wore a straw hat. New one every spring, always worn out by fall.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 5:38pm
Sadly, I never wore out a straw hat on the farm, every one of them saw the same end, getting run over by a disc.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Sadly, I never wore out a straw hat on the farm, every one of them saw the same end, getting run over by a disc.

They where to get pitched in the Wink thrashing machine then in more modern time the combine at the end of harvest.LOL

But I have run over one or 20 hats with a disc too. LOL  An once or twice it slipped between the 9 inch spaced blades and didn't get cut up. Cry An once or twice it was a almost new one got cut up good.Cry

You have to learn what hat wear for the weather Wink and work for the day Wink and those others around Confused and what they wear. I grew up wearing cowboy hats. In college I got nice orange cap(not AC) an I was told I looked like Shameless's half wit Confused cousin once removed and have never worn a cap again. Even though it took me another 25 years or so to find out nobody knows for sure who the real Shameless is.LOL
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 8:09am
When I saw those flat bill caps come out I figured it was a new style change for those folks that never figured out the direction of their old cap!  I figured the flat billed ones would roll just as well as the old style cap.  Just have never had one to find out.  As far as the straw hat goes, this will be the first year I didn't wear out my straw hat.  Usually gets runned over or tore up by trees.  I guess I still have time to do it!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 4:03pm
Something that irritates me is the guys that never learned the etiquette of wearing a hat. Especially that women are the only ones allowed to wear a hat indoors.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:32pm
i only buy the high crown caps from wally my customers call the low crown ones girl hats, but i have noticed there is hardly any of the neat ih caps and case hats , probley cnh screwed that up for walleys 
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

Something that irritates me is the guys that never learned the etiquette of wearing a hat. Especially that women are the only ones allowed to wear a hat indoors.

Dusty

ditto
Wait for the Lord;
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic