This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8050 Injector Lines/Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnwilson_osf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8050 Injector Lines/Leak
    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 8:19pm
Good evening all,
Was chopping silage corn today, and when I was all done for the day, I pulled to the barn so I could grease everything tomorrow morning.  I smelled diesel fuel, and noticed that the area around the front two injectors was wet.  Turned the tractor back on, and I can see fuel weeping from under the nut.  
I got out a line wrench, and tugged a little on the bolt holding the line to the injector, and it was pretty snug.  And I didn't want to give it any more oomph, for fear of breaking something.  
I am thinking that either the compression flare is bad, or if there is an O-ring, it is bad.  

I looked on the Parts book, and there are two fuel line systems for this tractor.  It shows one set of lines effective SN:70-30602, which has a hex nut, and no visible o-rings or sleeves in the parts book.   And one set of lines prior to that number, which has a compression sleeve under the conical shaped nut  
I have serial number 2662, which would be the prior set of lines.  But the layout of the lines, and the shape of the nuts is more like the set for the later serial numbers.  

I bought this a few years ago, and it is quite possible that a new set of lines was put on at some time in the past, and this is what they had/could get.  

I like when things match the book, because then I know what parts to order.  In this case, should I just pop the line, and see what is under there?  

Thank you,
John

Allis Express: Eastern PA on Rt 80
8050, 8010, 6080, 190, D14, DA 6035, AA 6690, 5650, Gleaner F2
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 8:43pm
You can just buy a new but and Farrell. Cut line off, put new parts on and tighten but.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 6:53am
Back in their day, the #4 line was known to do this occasionally, and like Mack said, cut off 1/2" of the line and shove on a new nut and ferrell and you were good to go. I've never had one of the new style lines ever fail. You can't buy a new old style  line. They used to force you into buying a whole set of the new style lines. So, I used to have a new straight line of proper length on hand so that I could reshape and bend it into a new line instead of buying a complete set. Never seen two leak at once either.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 8:26am
I had a #3 line made, and keep on hand for the early style. The serial number refers to the engine serial number, and you're looking at the tractor serial number. 2 different things.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Johnwilson_osf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnwilson_osf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 8:23pm
Thank you all for your help.  Ed, thank you for the engine serial number.  That makes a lot more sense.  

When it rains it pours....Today, the lower kingpin on the right side decided to go on walkabout.  Amazingly enough, I managed to find it in the field.   So now I need to rebuild the steering knuckle as well.  

Cheers,
John
Allis Express: Eastern PA on Rt 80
8050, 8010, 6080, 190, D14, DA 6035, AA 6690, 5650, Gleaner F2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic