This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D17 hyd reservoir Q

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D17 hyd reservoir Q
    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 10:08pm
I have a D17 series III. I'm trying to refill the power director/hyd reservoir with 821 equivalent oil but it doesn't want to flow from the fill in the PD compartment forward into the hyd pump compartment. This series III has the plug where the hyd dipstick normally is so it should be the combined reservoir with the p.d. oil. When I drained the oil it came out of both drain plugs and the lift arms were functional. Now the lift arms don't move so I pulled the front hyd drain plug and only a few drops came out. I filled the P.D. housing over the full mark on the dipstick, but still nothing. Any ideas?
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Sponsored Links

KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:07pm
To left and forward of gearshift lever, remove the breather/dipstick combination and check oil level. It should hold about 20 qts / 5 gal. did you replace the hydraulic filter?
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 7:01am
There is a Allen plug on left side of torque tube above clutch pedal. Remove it to vent or put oil in there.        MACK
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 7:01am
Add/refill the compartment with the proper amount of oil. Start the tractor and park it with the front wheels down and leave the engine idling for a few minutes. It will eventually come around. Common issue with an S-3.

Edited by DrAllis - 16 Oct 2019 at 7:01am
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 8:36am
Thanks! Will try idling on an incline, I can always add through the transport valve return hole if it still doesn't fill up. And yes, i replaced the hyd filter.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic