This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ACP 30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blanco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACP 30
    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 10:00pm
Recently purchased a nice unit, continental F163 motor.
All the fuel components are specifically labeled for LPG.
Unit was purchased from a Natural Gas Company and is running on CNG fuel. CNP tanks has guage that can exceed 4000psi if full.
Question here is actual fuel the engine would be set up to run thru it’s carbu ? Should the fuel originally be vapor of liquid ? What would the correct manifold pressure ?
My desire is to run on LPG due to availability.
Thanks
Blanco
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 4:47am
If the hose on the tank is on the bottom, its liquid.  If on top, its vapor...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Blanco View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blanco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 7:32am
Morning,
CNP tank mounted on its side, connects to middle of the end of the tank.
I believe that CNP even under high pressure is still a vapor. I have done a bit of research and found that special LPG tanks can lay on their side on a forklift and yet produce vapor. My concern is that newer model LPG machines run on liquid. I don’t want to introduce the product incorrectly and damage components.
Would like to understand how the original Continental engine would have been set up.
Thanks for your interest,
Blanco
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic