This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8000 rear window decal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8000 rear window decal
    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:47am
Hi all, is there's a measurement for placement of rear allis chalmers window decal.
Thanks
Sponsored Links

wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 9:45am
I can take some measurements on my 8070 for you
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 10:17pm
Ok thank you
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 7:45am
I’ll try to remember to get it for you tonight. Do you just need to know how far down or the size of the sticker
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 8:40am
Ok, yea got a new decal from on here from another forum member. So gues measurement how far from top. No rush. Thanks again
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 12:52pm
Mike. Looks like it’s 7” from the bottom of the hinge to the bottom of the letters on the decal
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 2:45pm
Arent they etched into the glass ?
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Arent they etched into the glass ?
Factory original yes. But the replacement glass doesn't have the etching. Thus the sticker.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 5:37pm
Yea this is a new window from agco.
Were all the original factory glass etched
PeteMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:29pm
What did Agco charge for a new back window?
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:26pm
Not sure I want to say lol. Was five hundred twenty something
PeteMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:36pm
If it came assembled and that includes shipping then that's probably not that bad.  I spent the better part of a day in driving to get the glass and then attaching the hinge, handle, and latch mechanism in order to save a few bucks.  That reminds me, I should figure out a way to temporarily hang a piece of acrylic or lexan on the outside of the window for baling road ditches.  When a rock hits safety glass it sure makes a mess.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 8:27pm
Haven't taken it completely out of box but looked in and the hinge and handle riveted onto glass. I'll take a picture of it for you when we get it out.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 8:59am
When I worked at Crenlo way back you could buy a new window for a 30 thru 60 series Deere directly from Crenlo for cost at around $10 or $15....... until Deere found out. Then no more buying parts directly from the cab builder. I think the rear window from Dere back then was somewhere well north of $100. That was just glass and no hardware.

Edited by Lonn - 17 Oct 2019 at 9:01am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic