This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D 15 rearview mirror

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D 15 rearview mirror
    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:24pm
Trying to rig up one so hopefully I won't get run over when I'm going 15 mph on the paved road . Wondering if anyone else has done this ? Thanks
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:29pm
Locate a LARGE 10 inch curved/round semi-truck style mirror about muffler height and just at the front of the fuel tank hanging out from the hood a foot or so. Your eyes shouldn't have to hunt to find the mirror.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:40pm
I have been thinking of doing this for backing up all the time plowing snow.  It is getting harder and harder turning my head around.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 1:08pm
Thanks Dr Allis . Yeah Wayne , I have trouble looking behind myself .
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 1:57pm
A mirror on the left fender on a D-series is pretty much a waste of time. You need to get it forward  and high enough to easily see who is going to hit you from behind and still be able to get on and off the tractor.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 2:58pm
Yeah I was thinking about maybe using the holes where the Allis Chalmers piece mounts on the hood . Thanks

Edited by ACinSC - 07 Oct 2019 at 4:53pm
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 12:58pm
Happy to say that I drove my old D 15 to my son's place Sunday morning with no problems . About 5 miles . I rigged up an old C10 mirror to keep an eye out behind me . Some people don't wanna drive 15 MPH . Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic