This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Homelite 48M deck belts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bdschmidt2790 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homelite 48M deck belts
    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:03pm
Hey everyone,
    I have a 1973 Homelite T16 with a 48 inch deck. I know some of these homelites and decks were built by Allis so I was wondering if someone could help me out. My deck belt is shot and I need to replace it but I have no part number since it’s worn off the belt and have been unable to find the correct length online. Also if you know the size of the belt the goes from the clutch to the deck would be helpful too as someday I probably will need it. It has an electric clutch on the front of the motor. Both belt sizes would be most helpfull

Edited by Bdschmidt2790 - 30 Aug 2019 at 11:03pm
Sponsored Links

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 12:14pm
If all else fails take the old belt off and take it to a good hardware store. Tell them what it's for. They should be able to match it.
Or take it to a shop that works on large mowers.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Bdschmidt2790 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bdschmidt2790 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:42pm
I know that. I was just hoping to order the belt online on amazon since their much cheaper. That’s all
A-C_220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-C_220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 8:37am
Your Homelite should be similar to a Allis 416. This may help https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/53803-allis-chalmers-416-mower-blade-and-belt-help/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic