This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nighttime leg cramps,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 4:42am

Well,,tonight is the first nite that my right leg has not hurt from the last cramping incident,,, I been really gettin after it with the electric massager and most of the pain had finally left. I got an appointment with my PCP for next Tuesday and hope the blood work tells us what we need to do. That last one scaired me cause you think of all kinds of chit when there is no help close by and you can't even reach for the phone,,,,Dang,,it hell gettin old,,,!!! That muscle was swelled up to the size of a large cucumber, hard as a rock and  bout 14" long and it would twitch when I was tryin to rub it down,,,,whew,,,!!!
 As I said earlier, I do drink like 7-8 of the 32 oz glasses of water every day,,,but I sweat a lot of it out pretty quick too,,, my pee is always from a pale yellow to a clear so,,,,,,
 Hopin Tuesday comes around quick,,,,,Clap
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 5:48am
DJ..... life is like a teeter-totter, all about BALANCE. You're drinking a LOT of water BUT you need to BALANCE that with electrolytes(salts the body needs). Hopefully a blood test will tell the story
When giving blood,they now hand out a bottle of water and a bag of 'salty snacks'.
balance
teeter-totter

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
ford8nwd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ford8nwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:22am
Many years ago doctors prescribed quinine tablets which worked like a miracle. They were taken off the market, several times, put back on, and then taken off for good a few years back after they were found to cause a few heart attacks. You can still order them from Canada, at least you could a few years ago. Need a doctor's perscripition. The VA doc told me these were the only sure-fire remedy. I took them for years and they always worked.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:36am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

DJ..... life is like a teeter-totter, all about BALANCE. You're drinking a LOT of water BUT you need to BALANCE that with electrolytes(salts the body needs). Hopefully a blood test will tell the story
When giving blood,they now hand out a bottle of water and a bag of 'salty snacks'.
balance
teeter-totter

Again....maybe. Depends on what he eats on the average day. And one man’s sweat a lot is another man’s normal day without issue. It MIGHT be potassium or something, might not.   He’s doing the right thing getting his blood checked.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 7:50am
I've herd, though haven't checked the label that Quinine is in Club Soda.....

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:05am
I have cramps in legs, hands, and fingers. --Drs. had me try a bunch of stuff and nothing works. --Cramps come and go. The worst ones are leg cramps at night and I get them bad after a long hard day mowing/weeding gardens/etc. ---Drs. said that I am overdoing it and need to slow down!--Well that will happen when they put me in the ground.
They are always bitching at me to drink more water too, problem is that water makes me sicker than a dog. -- can't stand much of it but I drink when I'm thirsty. don't have time to go for water all the time.--- can't work with one hand!
I see all these yuppies with NO hands standing around with phone in one hand and drinks in the other when they s'posed to be working.
Anyway, the blood tests they did on me show that the psa count is double what it s'posed to be and climbing so now next week gotta have a biopsy done, ( damn tests!) not looking forward to it either.
Wife  says maybe they will figure something out . 
DJ---Ya it's hell to get old!!---ole body just starts falling apart and seams like nothing slows it down! Good luck on your tests!!

Edited by ac fleet - 23 Aug 2019 at 9:07am
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:14am
My PSA was high last year the biopsy confirmed Prostrate Cancer. mine was found early so radiation and recovery still waiting for the side effects to go away. but 3 months after completion of treatments PSA back to normal cancer is gone just frequent  follow-ups for now.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 7:49pm
Talked about different things from here with my Wonderful, she told me I needed to get the name of what works to take her pain away. But is not a prevenative to keeping them from happening.

Hyland's Leg Cramps, she buy's it on line.
Dale (Stonelick) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale (Stonelick) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 8:30pm
I put a bar of hand soap under the sheets in bed with me.  Provides relief in a few minutes.  My chronic night time leg cramps are now history.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 12:23am
Joe...what muscle are you talking about????? sounds like a Gods send to me! (poke)
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 4:36am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Joe...what muscle are you talking about????? sounds like a Gods send to me! (poke)

Well now,,Shameless,,,,,I bet ole Thad $100 that the possibility of it bein YOU that raised the question of which leg muscle it be that was wound up,,,,would be the first one to do so,,,,,,,LOL
 But since you DID ask,,,,I'ma gonna humor you,,,,,,Wink It was the inner muscle that runs from your kneecap on the inside of your leg up to your crotch,,,,!!! Now,,I know the insinuation is that I'm referrin to something else is not so,,,,,The muscle that was crampin me so friggin bad had swelled to bout 2" diameter and bout 10" long,,,(I gots long legs)and,,,,and,,,would twitch while I was rubbin it tryin to get it to calm down,,,,NOW,,I KNOW all this sounds very suggestive,,,but it is the troot,,,OK,,??LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 6:01am
DJ, are you GENTLY stretching the other way while massaging the cramp ?
GENTLY is the key here ! A little pull,say 10 seconds, then release for 5,over and over.
Also take long deep breaths...try to 'calm down' the brain and the body'..
GENTLY,
as for the timing, you'll soon figure out what rate/ratio works best for you

when it does release, keep doing it for another 3-5 minutes otherwise it'll cramp up again ! you need to 'retrain' your leg to be normal NOT go back to cramp mode.

Jay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic