This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Van Sickle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Van Sickle
    Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:02pm
has anyone used Van Sickle Paint? They show two persian orange colors. I always thought there were two AC orange colors. persian orange & cooperate orange.They show P 1 & p2 Which one is correct for 1948 AC Thanks Bart
Sponsored Links

1terrygladys View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1terrygladys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:12pm
The Persian Orange 1 would be correct for 1948.  
Terry
WD-45, WD, 35 Unstyled WC, 36 Unstyled WC, SC Disk, JD 4430D, JD 4010D, JD B, Iowa pastor & disciple of Jesus Christ
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:33pm
PO2 would be for the D series tractors starting about 1958... Corporate Orange was used  after that.. Don't remember the date, but around 1970.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
BART View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 5:12pm
Thanks
BART View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 5:13pm
Thanks Never to old to learn
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:11am
I find the Van Sickle “JICase Flambeau red 458 71” (one gallon size) & 458 70(spray can size) to closely match AC corporate orange color. I’ve had good luck with their paints. Van Sickle paint is sold by our local farm supply store, Big R.

Same paint is mfg in Lincoln NE & marketed by another brand name “Tallmans Ag Specialty” and I think sold by Sloan’s Express or places like them.

Edited by AC7060IL - 19 Aug 2019 at 10:15am
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:29am
Persian Orange 1 was used until 1960 and the end of the D-14. Persian Orange 2 started in 1961 with the D-15 and until the end of the brown belly 7000 series. The black belly 7000 series were Corporate orange and that was the color until the end of A-C tractors. 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:58am
Which orange did AGCO bring back? I'm pretty sure in 1990 it was Corporate Orange but didn't they later bring back one of the Persian oranges?
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Kurzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:18am

Howdy Bart,
  Been using Van Sickle paint since I moved to Montana 10 years ago. Very nice paints to work with, wide range of colors and have the hardener too. I like mixing there paints to make different colors also. Factory help is great also. Can show you projects I painted or come take a look.

Kurzy
ironac View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ironac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 4:16pm
depends what your using it for. It’s not restoration quality paint. It will fade over time. The Persian 2 will eventually turn pinkish over time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic