This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forest Ontario GOTO photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forest Ontario GOTO photos
    Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 9:02pm

Some pictures from the GOTO in Forest Ontario from the last couple days.

Sponsored Links

Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:21pm
Thanks!! Was the 4x4 B or C tractor a real experimental AC built tractor? Or something that was created recently by an enthusiast? Thanks!
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:07am
     Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a nice time and good weather. Always enjoyable to see what goes on at shows one can't attend.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Don(MI) Don(MI) wrote:

Thanks!! Was the 4x4 B or C tractor a real experimental AC built tractor? Or something that was created recently by an enthusiast? Thanks!

According to the sign, it was a prototype. 

I'm quite sure they used the wider C differentials.

It was a pretty simple concept. They ran a gear on the PTO with a roller chain going to the exposed driveshaft for the front axle (which I think was just another C differential mounted backwards). The front axle appeared to be a rigid mount and all steering was done by brakes. It had no steering wheel.

He had it up on jacks and had it running (for a while) with the wheels turning.

Edited by WF owner - 18 Aug 2019 at 2:14pm
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 2:32pm
Thanks!!

I always thought it would be awesome to have 1 or make 1 of those. Use it for skidding logs or pulling a trailer thru the timber. Seems like a guy could drop in a CA motor or D-12 for more HP and it would be great for cutting timber down and hauling firewood.
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 6:22pm
Was it kind of a take off from the power horse? Kind of similar concept.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 9:03pm
I saw one of the 4X4 C's or B's sold at a southern Indiana auction a few years ago and was told it was going to Canada. I wonder if this may be the one???
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:35am
The Forest GOTO was a great but smaller show by US standards. Hauled my second load of four tractors home yesterday. The 4 x 4 "experimental" B is likely the one from Indiana since it came from the Nesbitt auction in 2017. 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:50am
Very nice group of Allis tractors! Thanks for taking and sharing the pictures. That 4x4 is cute as a button. Seems like it would be tough on brakes!
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:51am
The show was great. I met two true Allis-Chalmers legends; Calvin Schmidt and Gord Oughtbred.

By the way Calvin, I forgot to tell you that Kevin Dineen said hi !
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:52am
Thanks for the compliment but I don't think that I should be called an A-C legend on the same level as Gord Oughtred. Gord and his 220 fwd have an amazing history. Gord and the 220 fwd farmed both before and after winning the 1973 NTPA 9000 lbs Super Stock points championship. Hopefully you will read about it in a future Old Allis News 

Edited by Calvin Schmidt - 20 Aug 2019 at 8:53am
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:25am
Calvin, is that your "Two-Twenty XT" in the top picture?  The one featured in OAN?  Front diamond tread tires and rear duals sure look like it!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Brian F(IL) Brian F(IL) wrote:

Calvin, is that your "Two-Twenty XT" in the top picture?  The one featured in OAN?  Front diamond tread tires and rear duals sure look like it!

Yes Brian that's the 220 XT !
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:22pm
Second load home from GOTO yesterday.

wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:26pm
Calvin and the club deserve a big thank for the excellent show
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:28pm
This 220 didn't make it to the birthday parties this year but it won't be 50 until next year so there is hope

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

This 220 didn't make it to the birthday parties this year but it won't be 50 until next year so there is hope

We would love to have you bring it to our June 12 - 14, 2020  GOTO in Madrid NY !!!
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:53pm
Wow Calvin, you are really doing your 4 X 4 220 up right. I'm glad you had a good show. 
  Tim
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
DorianKussel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DorianKussel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:28am
Holy moly, they look awesome!! Wish my friend from ontariosbest.ca had shared this thread with me earlier. As far as I know, he attended this event in 2019. I broke my leg then, so I couldn’t go there with him. Anyway, I hope I’ll have such an opportunity in the future. Tbh, I wish I hadn’t played football that day. Otherwise, I’d have seen those great tractors. Anyway, it happens to the best of us. So, folks, let’s keep this thread updated. Wish you all the best. Good luck, and try not to break your legs!

Edited by DorianKussel - 22 Sep 2022 at 2:21am
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 11:40am
Very nice! Thanks for the pictures
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic