This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hail
    Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 7:33am
     Good morning all,
          Is there anyone here that was in the hail storm Wednesday around Kalamazoo, Michigan. There were pictures on the computer this morning of a soybean field that is only stems as a result of the storm. The article didn't say how widespread the hail was. Surely must have ruined a bunch of crops.
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:57am
Price on the market will go down some more.
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 8:49pm
We were on the southern edge of that storm tree leaves were falling like shedding leaves in the fall and a bit of shredding in corn and beans but will be mostly ok here but a few miles north some fields are nearly destroyed there were still couple inches of ice pellets in places 24 hours after the storm.
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:07pm
There have been a lot of hail storms in eastern Colorado lately, earlier in the week a hail stone 3.8" in diameter was found in the front yard of a house, They put it in the freezer about half a hour after it fell, probably was over 4".  A new record for Colorado.

I found out the hail stone was 4.8", not 3.8"

Edited by JohnCO - 20 Aug 2019 at 11:00pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:13am
     Johnco, 3-4 inch hail could be fatal. I can't imagine being hit with anything like that. That is a record I will let you guys keep out there. Any damage to your area? Guess it would do a lot of damage to homes, cars, etc. We have a friend in SW Nebraska that a few years ago was caught in a hail storm out in a field on a tractor with a canopy. He said he still had a lot of bruises from it. We visited there a couple of weeks later and saw a lot of damage to vehicles and the motel we had planned on staying at was closed since all the windows on the north side had been broken out and water damage to the rooms. A car dealership had a whole lot full of damaged vehicles. Thankfully we haven't had that kind of hail here in central Ohio.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:07pm
I saw on TV that the hail stone was 4.8" not 3.8.  East of Denver today, there was a rain/ hail storm with up to 4.3" of rain and hail up to 2".  Last year was a bad one for us, we had 5 major hail storms in the county, most everyone got at least two of them.  I've seen all the windows and vinyl siding removed by hail on houses.  Every year car dealers have hail sales.  I've seen cars that looked like someone took a ball peen hammer to, pretty amazing.  Most of my buildings have steel roofs but I've been told that big enough hail can even crack the steel!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:31pm
I think we're sposed to gits one of them storms here by morning, sure hot/muggy outside right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic