This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Cheer Flea market tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Cheer Flea market tomorrow
    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 8:09pm
Well here we are again. Sounds like its gonna be great weekend here. Its been poring down rain West of I35. Not a drop so far here. Almost set up. Took a couple of hours off and run around on the goof cart just to gab with people. Old gals favorite thing to do. Gonna finish setting up in the AM. Took 2 hours 45 minutes to get here. Dog gone road construction in Oskaloosa. Brought the few NOS roto baler parts with me. Gots a new porta power and a few other things outta the shop. Gotta get the shop cleaned out. Not gonna need this stuff.
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 9:07pm
Got the sunglasses all cleaned up?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 9:24pm
 Don't worry Hubert,,,,ole Tom promised me he WAS gonna take lots and lots of pics,,,,and then,,,,and then,,he gonna send em to them guys here that can get em on here so we can ALL  them,,,,,,,,,,um,,,,,sunsets,,??LOL
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 10:40pm
Hubert,   I gots new lenses in the old frames last week. Gots them from Walmart. They are great. I still don't know how to post pictures. Why don't you guys that can post, stop down. Row B lot 34, I'll buy the coffee from the next door shack. Old gal might be gone tomorrow. She said she forgot some stuff. Oh wait maybe she said I forgot the stuff?? I'm sure the dollys will be out the next 3 or 4 days.   
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 9:01am
Sounds tempting, but I don't have one of those whatcha ma jiggy phones. Cry Or maybe it should be Tongue, no spam or robo calls.

Edited by chaskaduo - 01 Aug 2019 at 9:02am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 9:28am
These new glasses have light gray lenses. Not the real dark ones. I knew there would be a catch somewhere.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 4:20pm
What a beautiful day to be here. Record sales so far. I sold most of my NOS round baler parts. 84° here and light breeze blowing. Got to meet Dr Allis last night. I did not know he worked for R and M equipment in Indianola many years ago. It was a pleasure visiting with him.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 11:14pm
Well we got home. Motor home ran like a top. We had a great time. Sold a bunch of stuff too. Old gal sure likes to go for evening rides on the goof cart.
Harvey the local scrap man was here while I was gone. He took 2 big loads out and has 1 more to go. I might give him another outta the barn. He said he'd be back in the morning for another load. In the mean time I've still got 3 pieces to haul to the consignment auction. Old gal is hauling me to the State Fair on Wed. Gotta take all her stuff to the Iowa Honey producers booth so they can sell it. Then we gotta deliver a half dozen or so Broilers to poultry exhibit. Darn things have been putting on the pounds the past few weeks. Grandson entered photos too. He does take great pictures. Doggone work never ends. Gotta travel 3 hours on Thursday.   Will take mom to the grocery store. She's gonna be real disappointed her favorite eating joint closed up. Oh well gonna be another long week of me not getting the stuff done I want to accomplish.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 7:14am
There's the Rat Race and There's Toms Race. Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 4:02am

Chit,,,and here I thought I was a "go getter",,,but thet Tom just flat puts me to shame what he gets accomplished,,,whew,,,I gets all tired just readin bout all his escapades and Honey Do's,,,,,,Thet "old Gal" of his'n must be a slav,,,,er never mind,,,,,
  Hey Tom,,,I did NOT say nuttin,,,,I'm outa here,,,,,Wink
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:24am
"There's the Rat Race and There's Toms Race. Wink"
 an he makes almost everyone else look likes theys in  s l o w  m o t i o n...
Sheits, took me an hour to get a hose off a faucet yesterday. Angry
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:31am
I'll be putting in a new clothes washer, been hooked up 33years. I hope they come apart easier than that. Yep an old Sears Kenmore, tranny finally locked.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:38pm
sounds like you abused it Chaz!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:03am
Moms a clean freak.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:31am
Chask, that faucet has been in the sheetrock panel for near 60 years... and the hose connected was last put on some 20 years ago... ... come to find out the screws holding the faucet were just screwed into the drywall without any real backing board behind it.  Thus when I put some force to it, screws pulled out. Faucet was connected to hard copper, which I knew, but I certainly did not want to break the old copper pipe either... Had a crescent wrench on the faucet and pliers on the coupling, then tried vise grips, and channel locks, No go. Tried tapping around the collar of the hose on the valve, using a heavier hammer on one side and a lighter tapping hammer on the other side. Sprayed some cleaner and some penetrant on it and tapped some more and it would not budge. Finally grabbed the drill and a cut-off wheel and cut the connector down to the threads but not through them in two places and tapped the collar outwards and ... dam, just like that, the collar turned freely ... had to wire wheel the threads on the faucet some for new hose to spin on freely, and also had to file the end of the faucet smooth because there was a defect on the face of it and I am guessing it was the reason for the calcified threads, seeping just enough to leak water up past the threads over the years.
 That was on the cold water line. The hose on the hot water line, that came off like ye just put it on yesterday.
  To finish that job, I put two bigger crews in the sheet rock to hold the faucet.
 And why did I have to take the hoses off in the first place? The cold water valve on the washin machine didn't want to shut the water off anymore.  The faucet was more aggravating then the washer valve was. LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 12:44pm
Thanks for the tips JC, I might be needing em, you never know. hope This one lasts, but they just don't build anything to last or provide parts for anymore. It is a Amana, no frills, manual knob selections, and no computer crap.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 7:42pm
Tom, sounds like you've been having a LOT of fun so far this summer!!  Too bad you didn't make it to Hutch!  You will HAVE to plan on being there in 2021, as that is the GOTO also!!  DO NOT MISS IT!!  Your honey will have a ball too.

JC, don't you have a Harbor Freight near you??  You need to get one of their $9.99 4-1/2" cutoff / angle grinders.  Would have worked REAL good for what you needed!!

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-5-Amp-Heavy-Duty-Angle-Grinder-60372.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTIyMTI1MjYiLCJza3UiOiI2MDM3MiIsImlzIjoiMTYuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiOTI4MCJ9%0D%0A

Tom, I always wondered how a Porta-Power would work taking the steering wheels off the older AC tractors?  Did you ever try it?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic