This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OT: Pettibone manuals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT: Pettibone manuals
    Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 5:20pm
I know this is probably a dirty word but I have an old Pettibone Super 5 that I need manuals for.  I've searched all over the web with no luck.  I think the Super 4 is the same.
Anyone know where I could find some?
I've talked to Pettibone and they claim to have no information.  They can get some parts but I have to give them the part number which I can't find.
1975 7040 w/Power Director
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 5:51pm
Try this question, over at Heavy equipment forums, Might have some luck, there...

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
joelsplace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 6:27pm
Sounds like a great idea but it won't let me register.  I just get "

Please correct the following errors:

1. Please enter a value that matches the required format.
"
But it doesn't tell me what the required format is or where the error is.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 6:58pm
Figured it out.  Registration question doesn't allow caps but no indication of that.
Thanks!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:29am
Had a Pettibome for several years and found most things were interchangable with other Mfg parts or old military parts . Got a outer axle from military surplus outlet, clutch was same as a IH L190 truck I was scrapping, found the hydraulic piston parts at local hyd shop as kind of industry standard . replaced the master cylinder with one for Ford 3/4 pickup from around the same year 1956 - vacuum brake canister changed ot 66 Chev 2 ton truck . The 3-71 GM engine and the Allison Torque converter and box were also standard items - used a Vickers hyd pump with a main pump and a Power steering pump as one unit but separate flow rated .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:42am
Thanks for the in info!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic